Dec 30, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
It’s not often that a player can reach an impressive career milestone, but it’s even less common for two different guys to cross similar barriers in the same game.
That might just be the case tonight, however, as Jarome Iginla and Daniel Alfredsson could reach significant goal-scoring thresholds when the Calgary Flames visit the Ottawa Senators. Iginla needs two goals to reach 500 while Alf needs one to hit 400.
Iginla has 14 goals in 38 games this season, including three two-goal contests (two of which happened in December). He had a rough game last night against the New York Islanders, which could be a good thing (motivation) or a bad thing (fatigue).
Alfredsson is enjoying a resurgence in 2011-12 after a tough run last season. He has 10 goals in 31 games, including two in his last five.
Barring unreasonable injuries, it’s likely just a matter of time before Iginla and Alfredsson reach those marks. Still, it would make for better theater if they pulled it off in the same game.
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 7
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 2
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 19
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 9
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 60
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)