Dec 29, 2011, 2:07 PM EDT
According to this Global report, Winnipeg Jets tickets are the hottest ticket in town. And by hot, they don’t mean popular — they mean, “Man, these tickets are so hot, they’re smokin’.”
Winnipeg police say they’ve been investigating several cases of unsuspecting hockey fans buying the highly sought after game tickets, only to find they had been stolen from the real owners and cancelled.
A 21 year old man surrendered to officers at a city precinct Wednesday. He’s facing several charges including four counts fraud under $5000 and possession of goods obtained by crime. He’s been released pending a future court date.
This isn’t the first case involving stolen Jets tickets that Winnipeg police have been forced to investigate. In September, a 28-year-old man was charged with snatching tickets – out of the mail no less – to a pair of preseason games and selling them online.
And for those of you youngsters who didn’t get the reference in the first paragraph, enjoy:
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 3
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)