Dec 29, 2011, 6:22 PM EST
This feature profiles an NHLer that’s making noise on the Twitter machine.
From the dawwwwwwwwwww file: St. Louis Blues forward David Perron announced on Twitter today that he’s adopted a Mastiff Rottweiler mix named Stella (she’s a big Stella, too — 110 pounds) from the Five Acres Animal Shelter.
Good lookin’ pooch.
It should be noted Perron isn’t the only St. Louis player doing Stray Rescue work. “Barkin’ for the Blues” is an initiative spearheaded by Blues defenseman Barret Jackman (Barret’s Buddies) and forward David Backes (David’s Dogs) to help neglected and abused animals.
Here’s video of Backes and his wife, Kelly (Kelly’s Kats!) with an informal PSA about the rescue animal shelter.
And finally, here’s a picture of some kitties playing table hockey:
(Image courtesy Funnycatsite.com)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 0
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)