Dec 29, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
This feature profiles an NHLer that’s making noise on the Twitter machine.
From the dawwwwwwwwwww file: St. Louis Blues forward David Perron announced on Twitter today that he’s adopted a Mastiff Rottweiler mix named Stella (she’s a big Stella, too — 110 pounds) from the Five Acres Animal Shelter.
Good lookin’ pooch.
It should be noted Perron isn’t the only St. Louis player doing Stray Rescue work. “Barkin’ for the Blues” is an initiative spearheaded by Blues defenseman Barret Jackman (Barret’s Buddies) and forward David Backes (David’s Dogs) to help neglected and abused animals.
Here’s video of Backes and his wife, Kelly (Kelly’s Kats!) with an informal PSA about the rescue animal shelter.
And finally, here’s a picture of some kitties playing table hockey:
(Image courtesy Funnycatsite.com)
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)