Dec 29, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
This feature profiles an NHLer that’s making noise on the Twitter machine.
From the dawwwwwwwwwww file: St. Louis Blues forward David Perron announced on Twitter today that he’s adopted a Mastiff Rottweiler mix named Stella (she’s a big Stella, too — 110 pounds) from the Five Acres Animal Shelter.
Good lookin’ pooch.
It should be noted Perron isn’t the only St. Louis player doing Stray Rescue work. “Barkin’ for the Blues” is an initiative spearheaded by Blues defenseman Barret Jackman (Barret’s Buddies) and forward David Backes (David’s Dogs) to help neglected and abused animals.
Here’s video of Backes and his wife, Kelly (Kelly’s Kats!) with an informal PSA about the rescue animal shelter.
And finally, here’s a picture of some kitties playing table hockey:
(Image courtesy Funnycatsite.com)
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 6
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 34
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)