Dec 29, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
This feature profiles an NHLer that’s making noise on the Twitter machine.
From the dawwwwwwwwwww file: St. Louis Blues forward David Perron announced on Twitter today that he’s adopted a Mastiff Rottweiler mix named Stella (she’s a big Stella, too — 110 pounds) from the Five Acres Animal Shelter.
Good lookin’ pooch.
It should be noted Perron isn’t the only St. Louis player doing Stray Rescue work. “Barkin’ for the Blues” is an initiative spearheaded by Blues defenseman Barret Jackman (Barret’s Buddies) and forward David Backes (David’s Dogs) to help neglected and abused animals.
Here’s video of Backes and his wife, Kelly (Kelly’s Kats!) with an informal PSA about the rescue animal shelter.
And finally, here’s a picture of some kitties playing table hockey:
(Image courtesy Funnycatsite.com)
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)