Dec 29, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
There was a time when New Jersey Devils goalie Martin Brodeur had just about every shooter’s number, aside from a Joe Sakic here or there. He’s not the same all-world goalie he once was, but for whatever reason, Brodeur seems to save his best stuff for Buffalo Sabres winger Jason Pominville. He made a big save on him in a game on Nov. 16 and pulled off another on Wednesday night.
The Devils ended up winning 3-1, so Brodeur also got the last laugh.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22