Dec 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
If I remember correctly, big-name sports columnist Bill Simmons often considers a player a star if he forces the opposing team to utter a bunch of “We had no answer for him”-type quotes. Jonathan Quick might be a star, then, because the Chicago Blackhawks provided those kinds of comments about him after he stopped all 38 of their shots in a 2-0 Los Angeles Kings win last night.
Lucky or not, Quick continues to keep the Kings in the picture with saves like these:
Quick now leads the NHL with five shutouts, which would be solid for a full season, let alone just about half. It doesn’t look like Los Angeles will be a high-scoring team under Darryl Sutter, but if they keep up this nice level of effort, the coaching change might just work out pretty well.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 32
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10