Dec 29, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
With everybody focused on Jagrmania (and to a lesser degree, Talbot fever) Pittsburgh head coach Dan Bylsma used today’s presser to discuss another hot-button issue — Sidney Crosby.
Following up on yesterday’s news that No. 87 was still experiencing post-concussion symptoms, Bylsma gave some insight into Crosby’s day-to-day routine and interactions with the team.
Sid is around. He is light exercising and doing that with the team. He’s a part of our meetings. On game days he’s around and a part of our team just like Paul Martin (leg) and Kris Letang (concussion).
It’s unfortunate for guys that are out for long periods of time, but they’re in and around our team. Sid’s in and around our team. He’s got a good demeanor about being around the guys.
In a related story, Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Crosby has expanded his concussion treatment team. Dr. Joseph Maroon, the Pittsburgh Steelers neurosurgeon that helped develop the ImPACT test, will join UMPC Sports Concussion Program overseer Michael Collins as part of Crosby’s new group.
Maroon recently was part of a medical team that oversaw the Flyers’ Chris Pronger, who is out for the season with a concussion.
Yohe also notes that two sources in the Penguins’ organization say they expect Crosby to play again this season.
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 0
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)