Dec 29, 2011, 5:14 PM EST
With everybody focused on Jagrmania (and to a lesser degree, Talbot fever) Pittsburgh head coach Dan Bylsma used today’s presser to discuss another hot-button issue — Sidney Crosby.
Following up on yesterday’s news that No. 87 was still experiencing post-concussion symptoms, Bylsma gave some insight into Crosby’s day-to-day routine and interactions with the team.
Sid is around. He is light exercising and doing that with the team. He’s a part of our meetings. On game days he’s around and a part of our team just like Paul Martin (leg) and Kris Letang (concussion).
It’s unfortunate for guys that are out for long periods of time, but they’re in and around our team. Sid’s in and around our team. He’s got a good demeanor about being around the guys.
In a related story, Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Crosby has expanded his concussion treatment team. Dr. Joseph Maroon, the Pittsburgh Steelers neurosurgeon that helped develop the ImPACT test, will join UMPC Sports Concussion Program overseer Michael Collins as part of Crosby’s new group.
Maroon recently was part of a medical team that oversaw the Flyers’ Chris Pronger, who is out for the season with a concussion.
Yohe also notes that two sources in the Penguins’ organization say they expect Crosby to play again this season.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 67
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)