Dec 29, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
With everybody focused on Jagrmania (and to a lesser degree, Talbot fever) Pittsburgh head coach Dan Bylsma used today’s presser to discuss another hot-button issue — Sidney Crosby.
Following up on yesterday’s news that No. 87 was still experiencing post-concussion symptoms, Bylsma gave some insight into Crosby’s day-to-day routine and interactions with the team.
Sid is around. He is light exercising and doing that with the team. He’s a part of our meetings. On game days he’s around and a part of our team just like Paul Martin (leg) and Kris Letang (concussion).
It’s unfortunate for guys that are out for long periods of time, but they’re in and around our team. Sid’s in and around our team. He’s got a good demeanor about being around the guys.
In a related story, Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Crosby has expanded his concussion treatment team. Dr. Joseph Maroon, the Pittsburgh Steelers neurosurgeon that helped develop the ImPACT test, will join UMPC Sports Concussion Program overseer Michael Collins as part of Crosby’s new group.
Maroon recently was part of a medical team that oversaw the Flyers’ Chris Pronger, who is out for the season with a concussion.
Yohe also notes that two sources in the Penguins’ organization say they expect Crosby to play again this season.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)