Dec 29, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
With everybody focused on Jagrmania (and to a lesser degree, Talbot fever) Pittsburgh head coach Dan Bylsma used today’s presser to discuss another hot-button issue — Sidney Crosby.
Following up on yesterday’s news that No. 87 was still experiencing post-concussion symptoms, Bylsma gave some insight into Crosby’s day-to-day routine and interactions with the team.
Sid is around. He is light exercising and doing that with the team. He’s a part of our meetings. On game days he’s around and a part of our team just like Paul Martin (leg) and Kris Letang (concussion).
It’s unfortunate for guys that are out for long periods of time, but they’re in and around our team. Sid’s in and around our team. He’s got a good demeanor about being around the guys.
In a related story, Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Crosby has expanded his concussion treatment team. Dr. Joseph Maroon, the Pittsburgh Steelers neurosurgeon that helped develop the ImPACT test, will join UMPC Sports Concussion Program overseer Michael Collins as part of Crosby’s new group.
Maroon recently was part of a medical team that oversaw the Flyers’ Chris Pronger, who is out for the season with a concussion.
Yohe also notes that two sources in the Penguins’ organization say they expect Crosby to play again this season.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)