Dec 29, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
With everybody focused on Jagrmania (and to a lesser degree, Talbot fever) Pittsburgh head coach Dan Bylsma used today’s presser to discuss another hot-button issue — Sidney Crosby.
Following up on yesterday’s news that No. 87 was still experiencing post-concussion symptoms, Bylsma gave some insight into Crosby’s day-to-day routine and interactions with the team.
Sid is around. He is light exercising and doing that with the team. He’s a part of our meetings. On game days he’s around and a part of our team just like Paul Martin (leg) and Kris Letang (concussion).
It’s unfortunate for guys that are out for long periods of time, but they’re in and around our team. Sid’s in and around our team. He’s got a good demeanor about being around the guys.
In a related story, Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Crosby has expanded his concussion treatment team. Dr. Joseph Maroon, the Pittsburgh Steelers neurosurgeon that helped develop the ImPACT test, will join UMPC Sports Concussion Program overseer Michael Collins as part of Crosby’s new group.
Maroon recently was part of a medical team that oversaw the Flyers’ Chris Pronger, who is out for the season with a concussion.
Yohe also notes that two sources in the Penguins’ organization say they expect Crosby to play again this season.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)