Dec 28, 2011, 3:32 PM EST
Recently, Philadelphia Flyers forwards Scott Hartnell, Wayne Simmonds and James van Riemsdyk took a food tour of the city’s best cheesesteak joints. As a person that likes both cheese and steak, I found this video enthralling:
Now…in the interest of fair and balanced food reportage, I should mention there are two entirely different cheesesteak vendors within the friendly confines of Citizen’s Bank Park, the site of the 2012 Winter Classic. One is Campo’s, the other Tony Luke’s.
What this ultimately means is that — if you’re in Philly for the Winter Classic and looking to exponentially increase your waist size — there are four bonafide cheesesteak restaurants for you to visit.
Eat all four in a single day and your angioplasty is free!*
*Not a valid offer
*Not approved by national cheesesteak council
*Not real in any way, shape or form.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)