Dec 28, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
Recently, Philadelphia Flyers forwards Scott Hartnell, Wayne Simmonds and James van Riemsdyk took a food tour of the city’s best cheesesteak joints. As a person that likes both cheese and steak, I found this video enthralling:
Now…in the interest of fair and balanced food reportage, I should mention there are two entirely different cheesesteak vendors within the friendly confines of Citizen’s Bank Park, the site of the 2012 Winter Classic. One is Campo’s, the other Tony Luke’s.
What this ultimately means is that — if you’re in Philly for the Winter Classic and looking to exponentially increase your waist size — there are four bonafide cheesesteak restaurants for you to visit.
Eat all four in a single day and your angioplasty is free!*
*Not a valid offer
*Not approved by national cheesesteak council
*Not real in any way, shape or form.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 31
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 11
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1