Dec 28, 2011, 1:10 PM EST
John Madden will sign with the Florida Panthers tomorrow, according to a tweet by Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
We wrote about this possibility this morning, and while we won’t say it’s official, it’s looking all but.
Madden is a three-time Stanley Cup winner — most recently with the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks — and a former Selke recipient. Of course, he’s also 38 years old. Thus the gamble by the Panthers.
Last year with Minnesota, Madden scored 12 goals and added 13 assists; however, offense has never been his modus operandi. No Wild forward played more shorthanded minutes than Madden, who the Panthers are surely hoping will help their 24th-ranked penalty kill.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 9
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 14
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)