Dec 28, 2011, 1:10 PM EDT
John Madden will sign with the Florida Panthers tomorrow, according to a tweet by Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
We wrote about this possibility this morning, and while we won’t say it’s official, it’s looking all but.
Madden is a three-time Stanley Cup winner — most recently with the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks — and a former Selke recipient. Of course, he’s also 38 years old. Thus the gamble by the Panthers.
Last year with Minnesota, Madden scored 12 goals and added 13 assists; however, offense has never been his modus operandi. No Wild forward played more shorthanded minutes than Madden, who the Panthers are surely hoping will help their 24th-ranked penalty kill.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25