Dec 28, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
Instead of worrying about rain, now we get to worry about wind.
Indeed, the weather forecast for the Winter Classic on Jan. 2 in Philadelphia has changed ever so slightly.
Courtesy The Weather Channel:
Remember that the Flyers and Rangers will switch ends at the 10:00 mark of the third period to minimize any wind advantage one team might get over the other. However, wind can always change, in force and/or direction, so it could still be a factor. Especially on field goals.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3