Dec 28, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
Instead of worrying about rain, now we get to worry about wind.
Indeed, the weather forecast for the Winter Classic on Jan. 2 in Philadelphia has changed ever so slightly.
Courtesy The Weather Channel:
Remember that the Flyers and Rangers will switch ends at the 10:00 mark of the third period to minimize any wind advantage one team might get over the other. However, wind can always change, in force and/or direction, so it could still be a factor. Especially on field goals.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)