Dec 28, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
Instead of worrying about rain, now we get to worry about wind.
Indeed, the weather forecast for the Winter Classic on Jan. 2 in Philadelphia has changed ever so slightly.
Courtesy The Weather Channel:
Remember that the Flyers and Rangers will switch ends at the 10:00 mark of the third period to minimize any wind advantage one team might get over the other. However, wind can always change, in force and/or direction, so it could still be a factor. Especially on field goals.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 6
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 22
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 90
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 81
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 17
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (90)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)