Dec 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
TSN’s Darren Dreger is reporting via Twitter that the NHL is looking into last night’s fracas at the Tampa Bay bench during the game between the Lightning and Flyers.
“Could be fines, warnings or nothing. Not a lot of video evidence,” writes Dreger.
We wrote about the incident this morning, in case you need to catch up.
According to the Tampa Tribune, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman hadn’t heard from the league as of noon today.
We haven’t been able to find any video of the incident (if you’ve got some, please share in comments section), but according to the Tribune, “Sun Sports broadcast caught part of the incident where [Scott] Hartnell had his stick high and waving it in close proximity to some of the Lightning players.”
Here’s Hartnell’s take, via Philly.com.
“I was there at the TV timeout, on the left wing, and I was right in front of the bench. Their coach [Guy Boucher] looked up and started yapping at me,” Hartnell said. “I was just sitting there, not doing anything. Then, two guys started slashing me from the bench. I just kind of pushed their sticks out of the way. I ended up getting 10 minutes for really nothing. I’ve never seen a coach start yelling at an opposing player from the bench for just standing there.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54