Dec 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger is reporting via Twitter that the NHL is looking into last night’s fracas at the Tampa Bay bench during the game between the Lightning and Flyers.
“Could be fines, warnings or nothing. Not a lot of video evidence,” writes Dreger.
We wrote about the incident this morning, in case you need to catch up.
According to the Tampa Tribune, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman hadn’t heard from the league as of noon today.
We haven’t been able to find any video of the incident (if you’ve got some, please share in comments section), but according to the Tribune, “Sun Sports broadcast caught part of the incident where [Scott] Hartnell had his stick high and waving it in close proximity to some of the Lightning players.”
Here’s Hartnell’s take, via Philly.com.
“I was there at the TV timeout, on the left wing, and I was right in front of the bench. Their coach [Guy Boucher] looked up and started yapping at me,” Hartnell said. “I was just sitting there, not doing anything. Then, two guys started slashing me from the bench. I just kind of pushed their sticks out of the way. I ended up getting 10 minutes for really nothing. I’ve never seen a coach start yelling at an opposing player from the bench for just standing there.”
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)