Dec 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger is reporting via Twitter that the NHL is looking into last night’s fracas at the Tampa Bay bench during the game between the Lightning and Flyers.
“Could be fines, warnings or nothing. Not a lot of video evidence,” writes Dreger.
We wrote about the incident this morning, in case you need to catch up.
According to the Tampa Tribune, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman hadn’t heard from the league as of noon today.
We haven’t been able to find any video of the incident (if you’ve got some, please share in comments section), but according to the Tribune, “Sun Sports broadcast caught part of the incident where [Scott] Hartnell had his stick high and waving it in close proximity to some of the Lightning players.”
Here’s Hartnell’s take, via Philly.com.
“I was there at the TV timeout, on the left wing, and I was right in front of the bench. Their coach [Guy Boucher] looked up and started yapping at me,” Hartnell said. “I was just sitting there, not doing anything. Then, two guys started slashing me from the bench. I just kind of pushed their sticks out of the way. I ended up getting 10 minutes for really nothing. I’ve never seen a coach start yelling at an opposing player from the bench for just standing there.”
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)