Dec 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger is reporting via Twitter that the NHL is looking into last night’s fracas at the Tampa Bay bench during the game between the Lightning and Flyers.
“Could be fines, warnings or nothing. Not a lot of video evidence,” writes Dreger.
We wrote about the incident this morning, in case you need to catch up.
According to the Tampa Tribune, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman hadn’t heard from the league as of noon today.
We haven’t been able to find any video of the incident (if you’ve got some, please share in comments section), but according to the Tribune, “Sun Sports broadcast caught part of the incident where [Scott] Hartnell had his stick high and waving it in close proximity to some of the Lightning players.”
Here’s Hartnell’s take, via Philly.com.
“I was there at the TV timeout, on the left wing, and I was right in front of the bench. Their coach [Guy Boucher] looked up and started yapping at me,” Hartnell said. “I was just sitting there, not doing anything. Then, two guys started slashing me from the bench. I just kind of pushed their sticks out of the way. I ended up getting 10 minutes for really nothing. I’ve never seen a coach start yelling at an opposing player from the bench for just standing there.”
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 15
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 45
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 20
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)