Dec 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger is reporting via Twitter that the NHL is looking into last night’s fracas at the Tampa Bay bench during the game between the Lightning and Flyers.
“Could be fines, warnings or nothing. Not a lot of video evidence,” writes Dreger.
We wrote about the incident this morning, in case you need to catch up.
According to the Tampa Tribune, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman hadn’t heard from the league as of noon today.
We haven’t been able to find any video of the incident (if you’ve got some, please share in comments section), but according to the Tribune, “Sun Sports broadcast caught part of the incident where [Scott] Hartnell had his stick high and waving it in close proximity to some of the Lightning players.”
Here’s Hartnell’s take, via Philly.com.
“I was there at the TV timeout, on the left wing, and I was right in front of the bench. Their coach [Guy Boucher] looked up and started yapping at me,” Hartnell said. “I was just sitting there, not doing anything. Then, two guys started slashing me from the bench. I just kind of pushed their sticks out of the way. I ended up getting 10 minutes for really nothing. I’ve never seen a coach start yelling at an opposing player from the bench for just standing there.”
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)