Dec 28, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
At first, Bruce Boudreau wasn’t sure why a Sharks fan threw a dead duck on the ice Monday in San Jose.
What could it mean?
Think, Bruce, think.
“I might be the dumbest guy in the world, but I saw that, I saw that it was a duck, and I just got it,” Boudreau told the Orange County Register. “Just now. We’re the Ducks. I just got it, yeah.”
Granted, Anaheim’s new head coach was probably focused on the game. But the duck thing sure had him flummoxed.
“I was thinking, ‘Why are they throwing a duck?’” Boudreau said. “I’m thinking ostrich. I’m thinking whatever they throw in Detroit. I’m thinking, ‘Why are they throwing a duck?’ And now, hey, we’re the Ducks.
“I guess I was in Washington a little too long.”
Fair enough. Switching teams can be an adjustment. Though I’m not sure why Boudreau was ever thinking ostrich. He knows what an ostrich looks like, right? Pretty big.
Besides, why would a Sharks fan throw an ostrich? A message to Doug Wilson that he needs to get his head out of the sand and make some changes?
Actually, that makes sense.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (94)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)