Dec 28, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
At first, Bruce Boudreau wasn’t sure why a Sharks fan threw a dead duck on the ice Monday in San Jose.
What could it mean?
Think, Bruce, think.
“I might be the dumbest guy in the world, but I saw that, I saw that it was a duck, and I just got it,” Boudreau told the Orange County Register. “Just now. We’re the Ducks. I just got it, yeah.”
Granted, Anaheim’s new head coach was probably focused on the game. But the duck thing sure had him flummoxed.
“I was thinking, ‘Why are they throwing a duck?’” Boudreau said. “I’m thinking ostrich. I’m thinking whatever they throw in Detroit. I’m thinking, ‘Why are they throwing a duck?’ And now, hey, we’re the Ducks.
“I guess I was in Washington a little too long.”
Fair enough. Switching teams can be an adjustment. Though I’m not sure why Boudreau was ever thinking ostrich. He knows what an ostrich looks like, right? Pretty big.
Besides, why would a Sharks fan throw an ostrich? A message to Doug Wilson that he needs to get his head out of the sand and make some changes?
Actually, that makes sense.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20