Dec 28, 2011, 2:59 PM EST
At first, Bruce Boudreau wasn’t sure why a Sharks fan threw a dead duck on the ice Monday in San Jose.
What could it mean?
Think, Bruce, think.
“I might be the dumbest guy in the world, but I saw that, I saw that it was a duck, and I just got it,” Boudreau told the Orange County Register. “Just now. We’re the Ducks. I just got it, yeah.”
Granted, Anaheim’s new head coach was probably focused on the game. But the duck thing sure had him flummoxed.
“I was thinking, ‘Why are they throwing a duck?’” Boudreau said. “I’m thinking ostrich. I’m thinking whatever they throw in Detroit. I’m thinking, ‘Why are they throwing a duck?’ And now, hey, we’re the Ducks.
“I guess I was in Washington a little too long.”
Fair enough. Switching teams can be an adjustment. Though I’m not sure why Boudreau was ever thinking ostrich. He knows what an ostrich looks like, right? Pretty big.
Besides, why would a Sharks fan throw an ostrich? A message to Doug Wilson that he needs to get his head out of the sand and make some changes?
Actually, that makes sense.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 3
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 24
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 38
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 12
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (165)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)