Dec 28, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Given it’s been 23 days since Sidney Crosby‘s last game, Pens head coach Dan Bylsma addressed the media today for an update on No. 87’s health.
According to the Pittsburgh Tribune, the update wasn’t good.
Three weeks since absorbing “a minor hit” against the Boston Bruins, Crosby is still having concussion-like symptoms and — once again — there is no timetable for his return.
Crosby hasn’t spoken to the media since Dec. 12 and Bylsma offered little in terms of a status update. The Penguins coach did say Crosby was taking part in light workouts, but — as the Tribune’s Josh Yohe notes — Crosby was also doing light exercise last season while missing significant time with a concussion.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)