Dec 28, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Given it’s been 23 days since Sidney Crosby‘s last game, Pens head coach Dan Bylsma addressed the media today for an update on No. 87’s health.
According to the Pittsburgh Tribune, the update wasn’t good.
Three weeks since absorbing “a minor hit” against the Boston Bruins, Crosby is still having concussion-like symptoms and — once again — there is no timetable for his return.
Crosby hasn’t spoken to the media since Dec. 12 and Bylsma offered little in terms of a status update. The Penguins coach did say Crosby was taking part in light workouts, but — as the Tribune’s Josh Yohe notes — Crosby was also doing light exercise last season while missing significant time with a concussion.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)