Dec 28, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
Given it’s been 23 days since Sidney Crosby‘s last game, Pens head coach Dan Bylsma addressed the media today for an update on No. 87′s health.
According to the Pittsburgh Tribune, the update wasn’t good.
Three weeks since absorbing “a minor hit” against the Boston Bruins, Crosby is still having concussion-like symptoms and — once again — there is no timetable for his return.
Crosby hasn’t spoken to the media since Dec. 12 and Bylsma offered little in terms of a status update. The Penguins coach did say Crosby was taking part in light workouts, but — as the Tribune’s Josh Yohe notes — Crosby was also doing light exercise last season while missing significant time with a concussion.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 0
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)