Dec 28, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Given it’s been 23 days since Sidney Crosby‘s last game, Pens head coach Dan Bylsma addressed the media today for an update on No. 87’s health.
According to the Pittsburgh Tribune, the update wasn’t good.
Three weeks since absorbing “a minor hit” against the Boston Bruins, Crosby is still having concussion-like symptoms and — once again — there is no timetable for his return.
Crosby hasn’t spoken to the media since Dec. 12 and Bylsma offered little in terms of a status update. The Penguins coach did say Crosby was taking part in light workouts, but — as the Tribune’s Josh Yohe notes — Crosby was also doing light exercise last season while missing significant time with a concussion.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)