Dec 28, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
If you think the fans in Washington are disturbed about the play of the Capitals of late, imagine being owner Ted Leonsis.
Leonsis took to his personal blog today to sound off about the team’s miserable play against Buffalo as well as to let it be known that there’s no time like the present to get winning. One thing is for sure, Uncle Ted isn’t feeling so happy-go-lucky right now.
“Time is a wasting for us. We have 48 games left to play. 96 points to take.
Every point matters from here on out as we are stuck on 36 points.”
The Caps get to deal with the East’s best team the Rangers tonight so things aren’t looking immediately up. Asking for 60 points in 48 games doesn’t seem unreasonable when you consider there are 96 points there for the taking. Trying to win two-thirds of your games when you’ve only won 50 percent of them so far in the season puts things into a more dire perspective however.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63