Dec 28, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
If you think the fans in Washington are disturbed about the play of the Capitals of late, imagine being owner Ted Leonsis.
Leonsis took to his personal blog today to sound off about the team’s miserable play against Buffalo as well as to let it be known that there’s no time like the present to get winning. One thing is for sure, Uncle Ted isn’t feeling so happy-go-lucky right now.
“Time is a wasting for us. We have 48 games left to play. 96 points to take.
Every point matters from here on out as we are stuck on 36 points.”
The Caps get to deal with the East’s best team the Rangers tonight so things aren’t looking immediately up. Asking for 60 points in 48 games doesn’t seem unreasonable when you consider there are 96 points there for the taking. Trying to win two-thirds of your games when you’ve only won 50 percent of them so far in the season puts things into a more dire perspective however.
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 5
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 11
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21