Dec 28, 2011, 12:24 PM EST
If you think the fans in Washington are disturbed about the play of the Capitals of late, imagine being owner Ted Leonsis.
Leonsis took to his personal blog today to sound off about the team’s miserable play against Buffalo as well as to let it be known that there’s no time like the present to get winning. One thing is for sure, Uncle Ted isn’t feeling so happy-go-lucky right now.
“Time is a wasting for us. We have 48 games left to play. 96 points to take.
Every point matters from here on out as we are stuck on 36 points.”
The Caps get to deal with the East’s best team the Rangers tonight so things aren’t looking immediately up. Asking for 60 points in 48 games doesn’t seem unreasonable when you consider there are 96 points there for the taking. Trying to win two-thirds of your games when you’ve only won 50 percent of them so far in the season puts things into a more dire perspective however.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)