Dec 28, 2011, 12:24 PM EST
If you think the fans in Washington are disturbed about the play of the Capitals of late, imagine being owner Ted Leonsis.
Leonsis took to his personal blog today to sound off about the team’s miserable play against Buffalo as well as to let it be known that there’s no time like the present to get winning. One thing is for sure, Uncle Ted isn’t feeling so happy-go-lucky right now.
“Time is a wasting for us. We have 48 games left to play. 96 points to take.
Every point matters from here on out as we are stuck on 36 points.”
The Caps get to deal with the East’s best team the Rangers tonight so things aren’t looking immediately up. Asking for 60 points in 48 games doesn’t seem unreasonable when you consider there are 96 points there for the taking. Trying to win two-thirds of your games when you’ve only won 50 percent of them so far in the season puts things into a more dire perspective however.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)