Dec 28, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
If you think the fans in Washington are disturbed about the play of the Capitals of late, imagine being owner Ted Leonsis.
Leonsis took to his personal blog today to sound off about the team’s miserable play against Buffalo as well as to let it be known that there’s no time like the present to get winning. One thing is for sure, Uncle Ted isn’t feeling so happy-go-lucky right now.
“Time is a wasting for us. We have 48 games left to play. 96 points to take.
Every point matters from here on out as we are stuck on 36 points.”
The Caps get to deal with the East’s best team the Rangers tonight so things aren’t looking immediately up. Asking for 60 points in 48 games doesn’t seem unreasonable when you consider there are 96 points there for the taking. Trying to win two-thirds of your games when you’ve only won 50 percent of them so far in the season puts things into a more dire perspective however.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)