Dec 28, 2011, 9:02 PM EDT
The New York Rangers gutted their way to a playoff berth last season thanks in large part to great work – some might say overachieving play – from Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky. Callahan has been every bit the captain that Rangers fans expected, but Dubinsky isn’t producing as the team hoped.
This video clip shows the Rangers’ two homegrown talents excelling in a way that channels their best work in 2010-11. Callahan lays his body on the line to block a shot – something he’s renowned for – while Dubinsky hops over a Capitals player and then makes no mistake in scoring a 2-on-1 goal.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Dubinsky came into tonight’s game with a disappointing 16 points in 34 games, but counting tonight’s goal, he has four points in his last four contests. The Rangers are already playing great hockey as the East’s leading team, but imagine what they could do if Dubinsky plays close to his 2010-11 form …
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 1
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 25
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8