Dec 28, 2011, 9:02 PM EST
The New York Rangers gutted their way to a playoff berth last season thanks in large part to great work – some might say overachieving play – from Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky. Callahan has been every bit the captain that Rangers fans expected, but Dubinsky isn’t producing as the team hoped.
This video clip shows the Rangers’ two homegrown talents excelling in a way that channels their best work in 2010-11. Callahan lays his body on the line to block a shot – something he’s renowned for – while Dubinsky hops over a Capitals player and then makes no mistake in scoring a 2-on-1 goal.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Dubinsky came into tonight’s game with a disappointing 16 points in 34 games, but counting tonight’s goal, he has four points in his last four contests. The Rangers are already playing great hockey as the East’s leading team, but imagine what they could do if Dubinsky plays close to his 2010-11 form …
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2