Dec 28, 2011, 12:47 PM EDT
Beagle, of course, suffered a concussion on Oct. 13 when he was knocked out by Pittsburgh’s Arron Asham.
Caps coach Dale Hunter is hoping Beagle will provide a physical presence for his team.
“He’ll give us some energy, give us some size,” said Hunter. “Especially against the Rangers, [their] third and fourth lines are big guys and we’ll need some size.”
Washington is 2-3-1 in its last six games and is coming off a 4-2 loss in Buffalo Monday.
Tomas Vokoun will start in goal for the first time since Dec. 13.
“I’m glad I get to play,” Vokoun said. “Everything you do, you do to be in the net and when you don’t [play] it’s not a good feeling. You want to be out on the ice to earn wins and be a part of that. Saying that, sometimes you’re not going to play. That’s going to happen and you’ve got to deal with it, I’ve got to deal with it. It’s my chance to show what I can do.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)