Dec 28, 2011, 12:47 PM EDT
Beagle, of course, suffered a concussion on Oct. 13 when he was knocked out by Pittsburgh’s Arron Asham.
Caps coach Dale Hunter is hoping Beagle will provide a physical presence for his team.
“He’ll give us some energy, give us some size,” said Hunter. “Especially against the Rangers, [their] third and fourth lines are big guys and we’ll need some size.”
Washington is 2-3-1 in its last six games and is coming off a 4-2 loss in Buffalo Monday.
Tomas Vokoun will start in goal for the first time since Dec. 13.
“I’m glad I get to play,” Vokoun said. “Everything you do, you do to be in the net and when you don’t [play] it’s not a good feeling. You want to be out on the ice to earn wins and be a part of that. Saying that, sometimes you’re not going to play. That’s going to happen and you’ve got to deal with it, I’ve got to deal with it. It’s my chance to show what I can do.”
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 7
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 17
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)