Dec 28, 2011, 12:47 PM EDT
Beagle, of course, suffered a concussion on Oct. 13 when he was knocked out by Pittsburgh’s Arron Asham.
Caps coach Dale Hunter is hoping Beagle will provide a physical presence for his team.
“He’ll give us some energy, give us some size,” said Hunter. “Especially against the Rangers, [their] third and fourth lines are big guys and we’ll need some size.”
Washington is 2-3-1 in its last six games and is coming off a 4-2 loss in Buffalo Monday.
Tomas Vokoun will start in goal for the first time since Dec. 13.
“I’m glad I get to play,” Vokoun said. “Everything you do, you do to be in the net and when you don’t [play] it’s not a good feeling. You want to be out on the ice to earn wins and be a part of that. Saying that, sometimes you’re not going to play. That’s going to happen and you’ve got to deal with it, I’ve got to deal with it. It’s my chance to show what I can do.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)