Dec 28, 2011, 12:47 PM EDT
Beagle, of course, suffered a concussion on Oct. 13 when he was knocked out by Pittsburgh’s Arron Asham.
Caps coach Dale Hunter is hoping Beagle will provide a physical presence for his team.
“He’ll give us some energy, give us some size,” said Hunter. “Especially against the Rangers, [their] third and fourth lines are big guys and we’ll need some size.”
Washington is 2-3-1 in its last six games and is coming off a 4-2 loss in Buffalo Monday.
Tomas Vokoun will start in goal for the first time since Dec. 13.
“I’m glad I get to play,” Vokoun said. “Everything you do, you do to be in the net and when you don’t [play] it’s not a good feeling. You want to be out on the ice to earn wins and be a part of that. Saying that, sometimes you’re not going to play. That’s going to happen and you’ve got to deal with it, I’ve got to deal with it. It’s my chance to show what I can do.”
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 10
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 8
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 33
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 56
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 88
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead