Dec 27, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
After all the injuries we’ve seen this year, one usual suspect to get hurt has stayed healthy for most of this season. That is until last night.
Kings forward Simon Gagne missed the third period of last night’s 4-3 Kings win over Phoenix. L.A. Kings Insider’s Rich Hammond finds out from coach Darryl Sutter that Gagne will be evaluated further today but L.A. Times reporter Lisa Dillman says that the outlook isn’t so hot for the oft-injured winger.
“Sobering news. Looks like Simon Gagne is going to be out for awhile. Believed to be a head injury. Called upper-body injury in NHL talk.”
Gagne has had a history of concussion problems, among other ailments, in his NHL career and ever since departing Philadelphia he hasn’t been the 30-40 goal scorer of old. Should it be a concussion for Gagne, the Kings will need to make do without him for a bit as you’d imagine his recovery will be carefully monitored.
That leaves it up to guys like Andrei Loktionov and Trent Hunter to try and fill his hole in the lineup. Gagne’s had a nice season scoring seven goals and adding ten assists but certainly not living up to the hopes of being a potential 30-goal man like he was three years ago with the Flyers.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)