Dec 27, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
After all the injuries we’ve seen this year, one usual suspect to get hurt has stayed healthy for most of this season. That is until last night.
Kings forward Simon Gagne missed the third period of last night’s 4-3 Kings win over Phoenix. L.A. Kings Insider’s Rich Hammond finds out from coach Darryl Sutter that Gagne will be evaluated further today but L.A. Times reporter Lisa Dillman says that the outlook isn’t so hot for the oft-injured winger.
“Sobering news. Looks like Simon Gagne is going to be out for awhile. Believed to be a head injury. Called upper-body injury in NHL talk.”
Gagne has had a history of concussion problems, among other ailments, in his NHL career and ever since departing Philadelphia he hasn’t been the 30-40 goal scorer of old. Should it be a concussion for Gagne, the Kings will need to make do without him for a bit as you’d imagine his recovery will be carefully monitored.
That leaves it up to guys like Andrei Loktionov and Trent Hunter to try and fill his hole in the lineup. Gagne’s had a nice season scoring seven goals and adding ten assists but certainly not living up to the hopes of being a potential 30-goal man like he was three years ago with the Flyers.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)