Dec 27, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
There will be an outdoor hockey game played at Citizen’s Bank Park on Jan. 2 between the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers.
Perhaps attendees will watch it between meals.
As revealed on NHL.com today, CBP Senior Executive Chef Glenn Richmond and staff have put together a pretty lethal spread of foodstuffs. Here’s the rundown from Deputy Managing Editor/future Iron Chef judge Adam Kimelman:
Specialty soups available will be tomato bisque and a chicken, cannellini bean and Tuscan kale.
Those soups will be paired with two Panini sandwiches — a maple-brined turkey breast with oil-cured tomatoes, thick-cut bacon, brown butter and sage mayonnaise on ciabatta bread; and a petit filet with Kenneth Square mushrooms, onions and Vermont cheddar grilled cheese.
Other sandwiches added for the game include a lobster BLT — a fresh lobster salad with bacon, oil-cured tomatoes and a bit of celery greens — as well as an Italian sausage sandwich with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone on a seeded Italian roll.
There also will be a Flyers-inspired sandwich — the Broad Street Bullies Breakfast Sandwich, made with cage-free eggs, melted cheddar cheese and slab bacon, and served on a Liscio’s roll.
/puts on elastic waist pants
Oh, and how could I forget — there are desserts!
“For desert we’re going to be featuring Gina’s Cupcakes,” Richmond said. “And we did some special ones up for this event. There’s a Flyers-colored (orange) vanilla, and we’ll also have a cannoli (cupcake) and red velvet. We’re also going to be featuring S’mores and warm apple pies.”
For those of you that like your food-rotica visual rather than textual, here’s a video rundown of the menu options at this year’s Winter Classic:
What has two thumbs and will eat his own body weight in grilled cheese steak sandwiches? THIS GUY.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 23
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 15
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6