Dec 27, 2011, 3:35 PM EST
There will be an outdoor hockey game played at Citizen’s Bank Park on Jan. 2 between the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers.
Perhaps attendees will watch it between meals.
As revealed on NHL.com today, CBP Senior Executive Chef Glenn Richmond and staff have put together a pretty lethal spread of foodstuffs. Here’s the rundown from Deputy Managing Editor/future Iron Chef judge Adam Kimelman:
Specialty soups available will be tomato bisque and a chicken, cannellini bean and Tuscan kale.
Those soups will be paired with two Panini sandwiches — a maple-brined turkey breast with oil-cured tomatoes, thick-cut bacon, brown butter and sage mayonnaise on ciabatta bread; and a petit filet with Kenneth Square mushrooms, onions and Vermont cheddar grilled cheese.
Other sandwiches added for the game include a lobster BLT — a fresh lobster salad with bacon, oil-cured tomatoes and a bit of celery greens — as well as an Italian sausage sandwich with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone on a seeded Italian roll.
There also will be a Flyers-inspired sandwich — the Broad Street Bullies Breakfast Sandwich, made with cage-free eggs, melted cheddar cheese and slab bacon, and served on a Liscio’s roll.
/puts on elastic waist pants
Oh, and how could I forget — there are desserts!
“For desert we’re going to be featuring Gina’s Cupcakes,” Richmond said. “And we did some special ones up for this event. There’s a Flyers-colored (orange) vanilla, and we’ll also have a cannoli (cupcake) and red velvet. We’re also going to be featuring S’mores and warm apple pies.”
For those of you that like your food-rotica visual rather than textual, here’s a video rundown of the menu options at this year’s Winter Classic:
What has two thumbs and will eat his own body weight in grilled cheese steak sandwiches? THIS GUY.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 54
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)