Dec 27, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
There will be an outdoor hockey game played at Citizen’s Bank Park on Jan. 2 between the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers.
Perhaps attendees will watch it between meals.
As revealed on NHL.com today, CBP Senior Executive Chef Glenn Richmond and staff have put together a pretty lethal spread of foodstuffs. Here’s the rundown from Deputy Managing Editor/future Iron Chef judge Adam Kimelman:
Specialty soups available will be tomato bisque and a chicken, cannellini bean and Tuscan kale.
Those soups will be paired with two Panini sandwiches — a maple-brined turkey breast with oil-cured tomatoes, thick-cut bacon, brown butter and sage mayonnaise on ciabatta bread; and a petit filet with Kenneth Square mushrooms, onions and Vermont cheddar grilled cheese.
Other sandwiches added for the game include a lobster BLT — a fresh lobster salad with bacon, oil-cured tomatoes and a bit of celery greens — as well as an Italian sausage sandwich with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone on a seeded Italian roll.
There also will be a Flyers-inspired sandwich — the Broad Street Bullies Breakfast Sandwich, made with cage-free eggs, melted cheddar cheese and slab bacon, and served on a Liscio’s roll.
/puts on elastic waist pants
Oh, and how could I forget — there are desserts!
“For desert we’re going to be featuring Gina’s Cupcakes,” Richmond said. “And we did some special ones up for this event. There’s a Flyers-colored (orange) vanilla, and we’ll also have a cannoli (cupcake) and red velvet. We’re also going to be featuring S’mores and warm apple pies.”
For those of you that like your food-rotica visual rather than textual, here’s a video rundown of the menu options at this year’s Winter Classic:
What has two thumbs and will eat his own body weight in grilled cheese steak sandwiches? THIS GUY.
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 8
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 10
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 8
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 25
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 45
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PFT: Chad Johnson arrested for probation violation
- Play Video: Bruins rookies have been the x-factor
- Play Video: Finalists for Mark Messier Leadership Award
- Play Video: Bruins turn weakness into strength
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Vokoun makes a big time save on Neil