Dec 27, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
Another NHL star is out with a concussion, yes. But before the sky falls, it’s worth noting that Nashville defenseman Shea Weber could be back as early as Friday.
“He won’t play tomorrow, but there’s a chance for Friday,” Predators coach Barry Trotz said today, as per The Tennessean. “He is recovering pretty well I would say, but nothing is for sure all the time.”
Weber didn’t play yesterday in Nashville’s 4-1 loss to the Red Wings, nor will he see action tomorrow at home versus the Wild.
Friday the Preds are in St. Louis to take on a Blues side with the best home record (14-3-1) in the NHL. So yeah, it would be nice for Nashville if he were back by then.
In the meantime, it will be interesting to see how the Predators fare without their big-minute blueliner and leading scorer. Weber appeared in all 82 games last season, so his absence isn’t something they’ve grown used to.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5