Dec 27, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
Another NHL star is out with a concussion, yes. But before the sky falls, it’s worth noting that Nashville defenseman Shea Weber could be back as early as Friday.
“He won’t play tomorrow, but there’s a chance for Friday,” Predators coach Barry Trotz said today, as per The Tennessean. “He is recovering pretty well I would say, but nothing is for sure all the time.”
Weber didn’t play yesterday in Nashville’s 4-1 loss to the Red Wings, nor will he see action tomorrow at home versus the Wild.
Friday the Preds are in St. Louis to take on a Blues side with the best home record (14-3-1) in the NHL. So yeah, it would be nice for Nashville if he were back by then.
In the meantime, it will be interesting to see how the Predators fare without their big-minute blueliner and leading scorer. Weber appeared in all 82 games last season, so his absence isn’t something they’ve grown used to.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)