Dec 27, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
Another NHL star is out with a concussion, yes. But before the sky falls, it’s worth noting that Nashville defenseman Shea Weber could be back as early as Friday.
“He won’t play tomorrow, but there’s a chance for Friday,” Predators coach Barry Trotz said today, as per The Tennessean. “He is recovering pretty well I would say, but nothing is for sure all the time.”
Weber didn’t play yesterday in Nashville’s 4-1 loss to the Red Wings, nor will he see action tomorrow at home versus the Wild.
Friday the Preds are in St. Louis to take on a Blues side with the best home record (14-3-1) in the NHL. So yeah, it would be nice for Nashville if he were back by then.
In the meantime, it will be interesting to see how the Predators fare without their big-minute blueliner and leading scorer. Weber appeared in all 82 games last season, so his absence isn’t something they’ve grown used to.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17