Dec 27, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
Another NHL star is out with a concussion, yes. But before the sky falls, it’s worth noting that Nashville defenseman Shea Weber could be back as early as Friday.
“He won’t play tomorrow, but there’s a chance for Friday,” Predators coach Barry Trotz said today, as per The Tennessean. “He is recovering pretty well I would say, but nothing is for sure all the time.”
Weber didn’t play yesterday in Nashville’s 4-1 loss to the Red Wings, nor will he see action tomorrow at home versus the Wild.
Friday the Preds are in St. Louis to take on a Blues side with the best home record (14-3-1) in the NHL. So yeah, it would be nice for Nashville if he were back by then.
In the meantime, it will be interesting to see how the Predators fare without their big-minute blueliner and leading scorer. Weber appeared in all 82 games last season, so his absence isn’t something they’ve grown used to.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)