Dec 27, 2011, 6:20 PM EST
Another NHL star is out with a concussion, yes. But before the sky falls, it’s worth noting that Nashville defenseman Shea Weber could be back as early as Friday.
“He won’t play tomorrow, but there’s a chance for Friday,” Predators coach Barry Trotz said today, as per The Tennessean. “He is recovering pretty well I would say, but nothing is for sure all the time.”
Weber didn’t play yesterday in Nashville’s 4-1 loss to the Red Wings, nor will he see action tomorrow at home versus the Wild.
Friday the Preds are in St. Louis to take on a Blues side with the best home record (14-3-1) in the NHL. So yeah, it would be nice for Nashville if he were back by then.
In the meantime, it will be interesting to see how the Predators fare without their big-minute blueliner and leading scorer. Weber appeared in all 82 games last season, so his absence isn’t something they’ve grown used to.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)