Dec 27, 2011, 10:13 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning took an odd 5-1 win against the Philadelphia Flyers, but it might be one of those “won the battle but lost the war” situations. Victor Hedman left the game with an upper-body injury while Wayne Simmonds gave Eric Brewer a brutal beating, as you can see below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Word is that Brewer returned to the Lightning bench, but injuries are often documented after the case in situations like these. Either way, he cannot be feeling great right now.
Scott Hartnell reportedly taunted the Bolts bench and swung his stick in that direction during a timeout, which prompted Ryan Malone to hop onto the ice and “intervene.” Both player received game misconducts for that activity, so it’s clear that the two teams haven’t gained any fondness for each other since that trap-related staring contest from November.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 47
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)