Dec 27, 2011, 10:13 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning took an odd 5-1 win against the Philadelphia Flyers, but it might be one of those “won the battle but lost the war” situations. Victor Hedman left the game with an upper-body injury while Wayne Simmonds gave Eric Brewer a brutal beating, as you can see below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Word is that Brewer returned to the Lightning bench, but injuries are often documented after the case in situations like these. Either way, he cannot be feeling great right now.
Scott Hartnell reportedly taunted the Bolts bench and swung his stick in that direction during a timeout, which prompted Ryan Malone to hop onto the ice and “intervene.” Both player received game misconducts for that activity, so it’s clear that the two teams haven’t gained any fondness for each other since that trap-related staring contest from November.
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 0
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)