Dec 27, 2011, 10:13 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning took an odd 5-1 win against the Philadelphia Flyers, but it might be one of those “won the battle but lost the war” situations. Victor Hedman left the game with an upper-body injury while Wayne Simmonds gave Eric Brewer a brutal beating, as you can see below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Word is that Brewer returned to the Lightning bench, but injuries are often documented after the case in situations like these. Either way, he cannot be feeling great right now.
Scott Hartnell reportedly taunted the Bolts bench and swung his stick in that direction during a timeout, which prompted Ryan Malone to hop onto the ice and “intervene.” Both player received game misconducts for that activity, so it’s clear that the two teams haven’t gained any fondness for each other since that trap-related staring contest from November.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5