Dec 27, 2011, 10:13 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning took an odd 5-1 win against the Philadelphia Flyers, but it might be one of those “won the battle but lost the war” situations. Victor Hedman left the game with an upper-body injury while Wayne Simmonds gave Eric Brewer a brutal beating, as you can see below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Word is that Brewer returned to the Lightning bench, but injuries are often documented after the case in situations like these. Either way, he cannot be feeling great right now.
Scott Hartnell reportedly taunted the Bolts bench and swung his stick in that direction during a timeout, which prompted Ryan Malone to hop onto the ice and “intervene.” Both player received game misconducts for that activity, so it’s clear that the two teams haven’t gained any fondness for each other since that trap-related staring contest from November.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 1
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 3
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)