Dec 27, 2011, 10:13 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning took an odd 5-1 win against the Philadelphia Flyers, but it might be one of those “won the battle but lost the war” situations. Victor Hedman left the game with an upper-body injury while Wayne Simmonds gave Eric Brewer a brutal beating, as you can see below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Word is that Brewer returned to the Lightning bench, but injuries are often documented after the case in situations like these. Either way, he cannot be feeling great right now.
Scott Hartnell reportedly taunted the Bolts bench and swung his stick in that direction during a timeout, which prompted Ryan Malone to hop onto the ice and “intervene.” Both player received game misconducts for that activity, so it’s clear that the two teams haven’t gained any fondness for each other since that trap-related staring contest from November.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 0
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 0
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 20
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)