Dec 27, 2011, 8:13 AM EDT
We’ve seen octopus thrown on the ice in Detroit, catfish thrown on the ice in Nashville, and now another rivalry is stepping it up in the “throw a dead animal on the ice” tradition in hockey.
CSNBayArea.com’s Brodie Brazil reported during last night’s 3-2 Sharks loss to the Ducks that a dead duck was thrown on the ice by an enterprising Sharks fan looking to get into the spirit of things. It wouldn’t be a crazy stunt unless your friends recorded it on video and put it on YouTube.
Lucky for us, that’s just what happened.
As you can see, the duck tosser gets tossed from the game himself after hustling down to the glass to throw the dead mallard on the ice.
You can also see Jonas Hiller skate out to potentially remove the duck himself only to hit the brakes and turn back around after seeing it was real road kill.
If you’re curious if there will be retribution from Ducks fans via a shark being thrown on the ice, that’s already been done before.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 39
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7