Dec 27, 2011, 8:13 AM EDT
We’ve seen octopus thrown on the ice in Detroit, catfish thrown on the ice in Nashville, and now another rivalry is stepping it up in the “throw a dead animal on the ice” tradition in hockey.
CSNBayArea.com’s Brodie Brazil reported during last night’s 3-2 Sharks loss to the Ducks that a dead duck was thrown on the ice by an enterprising Sharks fan looking to get into the spirit of things. It wouldn’t be a crazy stunt unless your friends recorded it on video and put it on YouTube.
Lucky for us, that’s just what happened.
As you can see, the duck tosser gets tossed from the game himself after hustling down to the glass to throw the dead mallard on the ice.
You can also see Jonas Hiller skate out to potentially remove the duck himself only to hit the brakes and turn back around after seeing it was real road kill.
If you’re curious if there will be retribution from Ducks fans via a shark being thrown on the ice, that’s already been done before.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 11
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 20
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)