Dec 27, 2011, 8:13 AM EDT
We’ve seen octopus thrown on the ice in Detroit, catfish thrown on the ice in Nashville, and now another rivalry is stepping it up in the “throw a dead animal on the ice” tradition in hockey.
CSNBayArea.com’s Brodie Brazil reported during last night’s 3-2 Sharks loss to the Ducks that a dead duck was thrown on the ice by an enterprising Sharks fan looking to get into the spirit of things. It wouldn’t be a crazy stunt unless your friends recorded it on video and put it on YouTube.
Lucky for us, that’s just what happened.
As you can see, the duck tosser gets tossed from the game himself after hustling down to the glass to throw the dead mallard on the ice.
You can also see Jonas Hiller skate out to potentially remove the duck himself only to hit the brakes and turn back around after seeing it was real road kill.
If you’re curious if there will be retribution from Ducks fans via a shark being thrown on the ice, that’s already been done before.
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 0
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 12
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 19
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 29
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 15
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)