Dec 27, 2011, 1:10 PM EST
Toronto coach Ron Wilson didn’t say how long Liles would be out, only that they are “shutting him down for a few days.”
Presumably this is why Liles is out:
That was Thursday. He returned to finish the game after a trip to the quiet room, but maybe he shouldn’t have.
Liles sat out Friday versus the Islanders, and now he’ll sit out a few more. Bad news for a team that’s come to rely on his puck-moving abilities and power-play proficiency.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5