Dec 27, 2011, 1:10 PM EDT
Toronto coach Ron Wilson didn’t say how long Liles would be out, only that they are “shutting him down for a few days.”
Presumably this is why Liles is out:
That was Thursday. He returned to finish the game after a trip to the quiet room, but maybe he shouldn’t have.
Liles sat out Friday versus the Islanders, and now he’ll sit out a few more. Bad news for a team that’s come to rely on his puck-moving abilities and power-play proficiency.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34