Dec 27, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT
We know that Patrice Bergeron can handle being a big star in Boston, but can he handle being a TV star for a day? We’ll find out as Bergeron is set to be the next player profiled on the NHL’s new documentary series, “NHL 36.”
Executive producer Ross Greenburg is excited to have Bergeron profiled because he’s been a winner everywhere.
“Patrice has won a Stanley Cup, plus a gold medal at the Olympics, at the World Championship and at the World Junior Championship,” said Ross Greenburg, executive producer, NHL 36. “He is one of the League’s most under-rated superstars.”
On January 4 at 6:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, you’ll get a peek into 36 hours of Bergeron’s life as a hockey player both on and off the ice as the Bruins gear up to face the Phoenix Coyotes.
You’ve already gotten to see Patrick Kane get his moment in the sun and now we’ll see what it’s like to be a guy who helped end Boston’s Stanley Cup drought and currently playing on perhaps the best team in the league. All that and he’s just 26 years-old on top of it. Life is good, eh?
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 6
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 11
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)