Dec 27, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT
We know that Patrice Bergeron can handle being a big star in Boston, but can he handle being a TV star for a day? We’ll find out as Bergeron is set to be the next player profiled on the NHL’s new documentary series, “NHL 36.”
Executive producer Ross Greenburg is excited to have Bergeron profiled because he’s been a winner everywhere.
“Patrice has won a Stanley Cup, plus a gold medal at the Olympics, at the World Championship and at the World Junior Championship,” said Ross Greenburg, executive producer, NHL 36. “He is one of the League’s most under-rated superstars.”
On January 4 at 6:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, you’ll get a peek into 36 hours of Bergeron’s life as a hockey player both on and off the ice as the Bruins gear up to face the Phoenix Coyotes.
You’ve already gotten to see Patrick Kane get his moment in the sun and now we’ll see what it’s like to be a guy who helped end Boston’s Stanley Cup drought and currently playing on perhaps the best team in the league. All that and he’s just 26 years-old on top of it. Life is good, eh?
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)