Dec 27, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT
We know that Patrice Bergeron can handle being a big star in Boston, but can he handle being a TV star for a day? We’ll find out as Bergeron is set to be the next player profiled on the NHL’s new documentary series, “NHL 36.”
Executive producer Ross Greenburg is excited to have Bergeron profiled because he’s been a winner everywhere.
“Patrice has won a Stanley Cup, plus a gold medal at the Olympics, at the World Championship and at the World Junior Championship,” said Ross Greenburg, executive producer, NHL 36. “He is one of the League’s most under-rated superstars.”
On January 4 at 6:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, you’ll get a peek into 36 hours of Bergeron’s life as a hockey player both on and off the ice as the Bruins gear up to face the Phoenix Coyotes.
You’ve already gotten to see Patrick Kane get his moment in the sun and now we’ll see what it’s like to be a guy who helped end Boston’s Stanley Cup drought and currently playing on perhaps the best team in the league. All that and he’s just 26 years-old on top of it. Life is good, eh?
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 6
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 21
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 39
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (40)