Dec 27, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT
We know that Patrice Bergeron can handle being a big star in Boston, but can he handle being a TV star for a day? We’ll find out as Bergeron is set to be the next player profiled on the NHL’s new documentary series, “NHL 36.”
Executive producer Ross Greenburg is excited to have Bergeron profiled because he’s been a winner everywhere.
“Patrice has won a Stanley Cup, plus a gold medal at the Olympics, at the World Championship and at the World Junior Championship,” said Ross Greenburg, executive producer, NHL 36. “He is one of the League’s most under-rated superstars.”
On January 4 at 6:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, you’ll get a peek into 36 hours of Bergeron’s life as a hockey player both on and off the ice as the Bruins gear up to face the Phoenix Coyotes.
You’ve already gotten to see Patrick Kane get his moment in the sun and now we’ll see what it’s like to be a guy who helped end Boston’s Stanley Cup drought and currently playing on perhaps the best team in the league. All that and he’s just 26 years-old on top of it. Life is good, eh?
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)