Dec 27, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
Act like kids, get treated like kids.
That was apparently the message the NHL sent to Steve Ott and Peter Laviolette after the Stars forward and Flyers coach got into a shoving match in the tunnel between periods Wednesday in Dallas.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the “league investigated the incident and spoke to both parties involved but in the end asked that Ott and Laviolette speak to each other over the phone to hash it out.” Satisfied with the result, the NHL decided not to fine either individual.
We imagine the “hash it out” conversation went a bit like this:
Ott: Yeah…me too.
Laviolette: Cool…so…what are you doing?
Ott: Math homework.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5