Dec 27, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
Act like kids, get treated like kids.
That was apparently the message the NHL sent to Steve Ott and Peter Laviolette after the Stars forward and Flyers coach got into a shoving match in the tunnel between periods Wednesday in Dallas.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the “league investigated the incident and spoke to both parties involved but in the end asked that Ott and Laviolette speak to each other over the phone to hash it out.” Satisfied with the result, the NHL decided not to fine either individual.
We imagine the “hash it out” conversation went a bit like this:
Ott: Yeah…me too.
Laviolette: Cool…so…what are you doing?
Ott: Math homework.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 14
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 32
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21