Dec 27, 2011, 12:21 PM EST
Act like kids, get treated like kids.
That was apparently the message the NHL sent to Steve Ott and Peter Laviolette after the Stars forward and Flyers coach got into a shoving match in the tunnel between periods Wednesday in Dallas.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the “league investigated the incident and spoke to both parties involved but in the end asked that Ott and Laviolette speak to each other over the phone to hash it out.” Satisfied with the result, the NHL decided not to fine either individual.
We imagine the “hash it out” conversation went a bit like this:
Ott: Yeah…me too.
Laviolette: Cool…so…what are you doing?
Ott: Math homework.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 3
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 20
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27