Dec 27, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
Act like kids, get treated like kids.
That was apparently the message the NHL sent to Steve Ott and Peter Laviolette after the Stars forward and Flyers coach got into a shoving match in the tunnel between periods Wednesday in Dallas.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the “league investigated the incident and spoke to both parties involved but in the end asked that Ott and Laviolette speak to each other over the phone to hash it out.” Satisfied with the result, the NHL decided not to fine either individual.
We imagine the “hash it out” conversation went a bit like this:
Ott: Yeah…me too.
Laviolette: Cool…so…what are you doing?
Ott: Math homework.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (82)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)