Dec 27, 2011, 12:52 PM EDT
It’s not quite make-or-break, but Calgary’s upcoming six-game road trip will be a stern test.
The Flames are being forced out of town while the World Junior Hockey Championships are in Alberta. Technically they’re on the road for seven straight games, having won Friday in Vancouver; however, that was before Christmas. Safe to assume they were allowed home to open presents before tonight’s game in Columbus.
Calgary’s won three straight and finds itself right back in the packed Western Conference playoff race, two points shy of eighth-place Nashville.
The Flames start their trip with two winnable games in Columbus and on Long Island, after which they visit Ottawa, Nashville, Washington and Boston.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (83)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)