Dec 27, 2011, 12:52 PM EDT
It’s not quite make-or-break, but Calgary’s upcoming six-game road trip will be a stern test.
The Flames are being forced out of town while the World Junior Hockey Championships are in Alberta. Technically they’re on the road for seven straight games, having won Friday in Vancouver; however, that was before Christmas. Safe to assume they were allowed home to open presents before tonight’s game in Columbus.
Calgary’s won three straight and finds itself right back in the packed Western Conference playoff race, two points shy of eighth-place Nashville.
The Flames start their trip with two winnable games in Columbus and on Long Island, after which they visit Ottawa, Nashville, Washington and Boston.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 35
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 16
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6