Dec 27, 2011, 12:52 PM EDT
It’s not quite make-or-break, but Calgary’s upcoming six-game road trip will be a stern test.
The Flames are being forced out of town while the World Junior Hockey Championships are in Alberta. Technically they’re on the road for seven straight games, having won Friday in Vancouver; however, that was before Christmas. Safe to assume they were allowed home to open presents before tonight’s game in Columbus.
Calgary’s won three straight and finds itself right back in the packed Western Conference playoff race, two points shy of eighth-place Nashville.
The Flames start their trip with two winnable games in Columbus and on Long Island, after which they visit Ottawa, Nashville, Washington and Boston.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 21
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 34
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51