Dec 27, 2011, 12:52 PM EST
It’s not quite make-or-break, but Calgary’s upcoming six-game road trip will be a stern test.
The Flames are being forced out of town while the World Junior Hockey Championships are in Alberta. Technically they’re on the road for seven straight games, having won Friday in Vancouver; however, that was before Christmas. Safe to assume they were allowed home to open presents before tonight’s game in Columbus.
Calgary’s won three straight and finds itself right back in the packed Western Conference playoff race, two points shy of eighth-place Nashville.
The Flames start their trip with two winnable games in Columbus and on Long Island, after which they visit Ottawa, Nashville, Washington and Boston.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11