Dec 27, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
Earlier this month we brought to you the tale of Vancouver LW Chris Higgins and his on-again, off-again relationship with Staph infections.
Apparently they’re back on.
Jim Jamieson of the Vancouver Province reports that Higgins arrived at the rink today with a swollen hand — and when Higgins arrives at the rink with a swollen hand, it’s serious business. He sat out the Dec. 6 game versus Colorado with a foot infection and missed six games with the Panthers last season because of a similar ailment.
This latest (possible) infection will keep Higgins from traveling with the Canucks as they head to California. Vancouver begins its three-game roadie against the Sharks on Wednesday — while Higgins won’t travel today (he’s undergoing tests), Jamieson notes he could join the team in San Jose tomorrow.
And just so we’re clear, these Staph infections have nothing to do with Higgins’ cleanliness (or lack thereof).
“I washed my equipment more than anybody else I’ve ever seen, even before I got the Staph infection,” Higgins said last season.
“I wash it two or three times a week and there are guys that never wash it.”
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 27
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)