Dec 27, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
Earlier this month we brought to you the tale of Vancouver LW Chris Higgins and his on-again, off-again relationship with Staph infections.
Apparently they’re back on.
Jim Jamieson of the Vancouver Province reports that Higgins arrived at the rink today with a swollen hand — and when Higgins arrives at the rink with a swollen hand, it’s serious business. He sat out the Dec. 6 game versus Colorado with a foot infection and missed six games with the Panthers last season because of a similar ailment.
This latest (possible) infection will keep Higgins from traveling with the Canucks as they head to California. Vancouver begins its three-game roadie against the Sharks on Wednesday — while Higgins won’t travel today (he’s undergoing tests), Jamieson notes he could join the team in San Jose tomorrow.
And just so we’re clear, these Staph infections have nothing to do with Higgins’ cleanliness (or lack thereof).
“I washed my equipment more than anybody else I’ve ever seen, even before I got the Staph infection,” Higgins said last season.
“I wash it two or three times a week and there are guys that never wash it.”
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)