Dec 26, 2011, 2:49 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun will watch from the bench again tonight when his Capitals meet the Sabres in Buffalo. Washington’s goalie hasn’t played since Dec. 13 when he was pulled during a 5-1 loss to the Flyers. In Vokoun’s stead (for the fifth straight time) will be Michal Neuvirth.
As reported by the Washington Times, Vokoun isn’t sure why he hasn’t seen action in almost two weeks.
“I can’t really tell you. I don’t know what I did wrong to be in this spot,” Vokoun said. “I’m a professional hockey player and I don’t make decisions who plays, who doesn’t. That’s not question for me. All I can answer is where I play, how I play and how I felt I did out there and stuff like that. That’s pretty much all I can tell you about.”
Capitals coach Dale Hunter called the decision to start Neuvirth “a gut feeling,” though he could’ve just let his goalie’s recent play do the talking.
Neuvirth is coming off a 4-3 shootout loss to New Jersey on Friday – a score that suggests tonight might’ve been a good night to get Vokoun back in – but Neuvirth was credited with keeping the Capitals in the game versus the Devils, allowing his team to fight back from a 3-0 deficit and get at least a point out of it.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 14
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 7
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)