Dec 26, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
Neuvirth was yanked from tonight’s game against the Buffalo Sabres after allowing three goals on just six shots. That was 11:15 into the game, leaving Vokoun enough time to give up a tally of his own. Both goalies currently have only stopped half of the shots they’ve seen through a first period that Stephen Whyno calls the worst the Caps have played under Hunter.
It looks like Washington’s goalie conundrum continues – and it’s not a good problem to have, like the solid situation in St. Louis.
Ultimately, it seems like the answer to “What is ailing the Capitals?” might just be “Everything.” Their offense is average, their defense tends to shoot itself in the foot and their goalie duo continues to struggle.
The Capitals have 40 minutes to turn things around and 4-0 leads aren’t as hopeless as they were before the lockout. Still, it’s periods like these that make you wonder if the Capitals are just a mediocre team instead of being a sleeping giant.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)