Dec 26, 2011, 8:05 PM EST
Neuvirth was yanked from tonight’s game against the Buffalo Sabres after allowing three goals on just six shots. That was 11:15 into the game, leaving Vokoun enough time to give up a tally of his own. Both goalies currently have only stopped half of the shots they’ve seen through a first period that Stephen Whyno calls the worst the Caps have played under Hunter.
It looks like Washington’s goalie conundrum continues – and it’s not a good problem to have, like the solid situation in St. Louis.
Ultimately, it seems like the answer to “What is ailing the Capitals?” might just be “Everything.” Their offense is average, their defense tends to shoot itself in the foot and their goalie duo continues to struggle.
The Capitals have 40 minutes to turn things around and 4-0 leads aren’t as hopeless as they were before the lockout. Still, it’s periods like these that make you wonder if the Capitals are just a mediocre team instead of being a sleeping giant.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 0
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 24
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)