Dec 26, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
It’s rare to get good news in Buffalo these days but today is one of those magical days.
Lindy Ruff made note this morning that both Jochen Hecht and Brad Boyes would return to the Sabres lineup tonight. He also noted that Thomas Vanek would stay in the lineup as well after missing part of their last game with an injury. Buffalo has been trotting out a host of minor league players to fill out ranks of late, but the days of doing that are dwindling as guys start getting over their ailments.
Hecht has been out with a foot injury suffered after taking a puck off it while Boyes has been out with an ankle injury. Hecht works out best defending against opposing top scorers while Boyes is a streaky scorer and power play helper.
Vanek staying in the lineup means the Sabres don’t lose their top scorer. For a team that’s having a hard time keeping opponents out of the net, losing the guy that keeps you in games would be a vicious double whammy.
Now if they can find a way to get Ryan Miller locked back in and find a defenseman to play his bodyguard, the Sabres might be a team to contend with this year.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 9
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 8
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)