Dec 26, 2011, 12:40 PM EST
It’s rare to get good news in Buffalo these days but today is one of those magical days.
Lindy Ruff made note this morning that both Jochen Hecht and Brad Boyes would return to the Sabres lineup tonight. He also noted that Thomas Vanek would stay in the lineup as well after missing part of their last game with an injury. Buffalo has been trotting out a host of minor league players to fill out ranks of late, but the days of doing that are dwindling as guys start getting over their ailments.
Hecht has been out with a foot injury suffered after taking a puck off it while Boyes has been out with an ankle injury. Hecht works out best defending against opposing top scorers while Boyes is a streaky scorer and power play helper.
Vanek staying in the lineup means the Sabres don’t lose their top scorer. For a team that’s having a hard time keeping opponents out of the net, losing the guy that keeps you in games would be a vicious double whammy.
Now if they can find a way to get Ryan Miller locked back in and find a defenseman to play his bodyguard, the Sabres might be a team to contend with this year.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)