Dec 26, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
It’s rare to get good news in Buffalo these days but today is one of those magical days.
Lindy Ruff made note this morning that both Jochen Hecht and Brad Boyes would return to the Sabres lineup tonight. He also noted that Thomas Vanek would stay in the lineup as well after missing part of their last game with an injury. Buffalo has been trotting out a host of minor league players to fill out ranks of late, but the days of doing that are dwindling as guys start getting over their ailments.
Hecht has been out with a foot injury suffered after taking a puck off it while Boyes has been out with an ankle injury. Hecht works out best defending against opposing top scorers while Boyes is a streaky scorer and power play helper.
Vanek staying in the lineup means the Sabres don’t lose their top scorer. For a team that’s having a hard time keeping opponents out of the net, losing the guy that keeps you in games would be a vicious double whammy.
Now if they can find a way to get Ryan Miller locked back in and find a defenseman to play his bodyguard, the Sabres might be a team to contend with this year.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50