Dec 26, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
It’s rare to get good news in Buffalo these days but today is one of those magical days.
Lindy Ruff made note this morning that both Jochen Hecht and Brad Boyes would return to the Sabres lineup tonight. He also noted that Thomas Vanek would stay in the lineup as well after missing part of their last game with an injury. Buffalo has been trotting out a host of minor league players to fill out ranks of late, but the days of doing that are dwindling as guys start getting over their ailments.
Hecht has been out with a foot injury suffered after taking a puck off it while Boyes has been out with an ankle injury. Hecht works out best defending against opposing top scorers while Boyes is a streaky scorer and power play helper.
Vanek staying in the lineup means the Sabres don’t lose their top scorer. For a team that’s having a hard time keeping opponents out of the net, losing the guy that keeps you in games would be a vicious double whammy.
Now if they can find a way to get Ryan Miller locked back in and find a defenseman to play his bodyguard, the Sabres might be a team to contend with this year.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 19
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 14
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)