Dec 26, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
The Winter Classic is just a week away today and now it’s time to become amateur meteorologists.
The advance forecast courtesy of The Weather Channel says that daytime highs will be around 45 degrees with a 60 percent chance of rain. Sure, you’re having flashbacks to last year’s Winter Classic in Pittsburgh that saw a warm, sloppy mess outside, but keep this in mind: If this forecast holds up, it’ll still be cooler than it was last year with a slightly less chance of rain.
Alright, so that’s not much of a bright side, but keep in mind we’re still a week away from the game. While having outdoor temperatures in the mid-40s doesn’t seem all that ideal, just keep in mind it’s a lot warmer than that in your favorite arena.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)