Dec 26, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
The Winter Classic is just a week away today and now it’s time to become amateur meteorologists.
The advance forecast courtesy of The Weather Channel says that daytime highs will be around 45 degrees with a 60 percent chance of rain. Sure, you’re having flashbacks to last year’s Winter Classic in Pittsburgh that saw a warm, sloppy mess outside, but keep this in mind: If this forecast holds up, it’ll still be cooler than it was last year with a slightly less chance of rain.
Alright, so that’s not much of a bright side, but keep in mind we’re still a week away from the game. While having outdoor temperatures in the mid-40s doesn’t seem all that ideal, just keep in mind it’s a lot warmer than that in your favorite arena.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (141)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)