Dec 26, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
The Winter Classic is just a week away today and now it’s time to become amateur meteorologists.
The advance forecast courtesy of The Weather Channel says that daytime highs will be around 45 degrees with a 60 percent chance of rain. Sure, you’re having flashbacks to last year’s Winter Classic in Pittsburgh that saw a warm, sloppy mess outside, but keep this in mind: If this forecast holds up, it’ll still be cooler than it was last year with a slightly less chance of rain.
Alright, so that’s not much of a bright side, but keep in mind we’re still a week away from the game. While having outdoor temperatures in the mid-40s doesn’t seem all that ideal, just keep in mind it’s a lot warmer than that in your favorite arena.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25