Dec 26, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
The Winter Classic is just a week away today and now it’s time to become amateur meteorologists.
The advance forecast courtesy of The Weather Channel says that daytime highs will be around 45 degrees with a 60 percent chance of rain. Sure, you’re having flashbacks to last year’s Winter Classic in Pittsburgh that saw a warm, sloppy mess outside, but keep this in mind: If this forecast holds up, it’ll still be cooler than it was last year with a slightly less chance of rain.
Alright, so that’s not much of a bright side, but keep in mind we’re still a week away from the game. While having outdoor temperatures in the mid-40s doesn’t seem all that ideal, just keep in mind it’s a lot warmer than that in your favorite arena.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 0
- In praise of John Tavares 9
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 17
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36