Dec 26, 2011, 10:56 AM EST
The Winter Classic is just a week away today and now it’s time to become amateur meteorologists.
The advance forecast courtesy of The Weather Channel says that daytime highs will be around 45 degrees with a 60 percent chance of rain. Sure, you’re having flashbacks to last year’s Winter Classic in Pittsburgh that saw a warm, sloppy mess outside, but keep this in mind: If this forecast holds up, it’ll still be cooler than it was last year with a slightly less chance of rain.
Alright, so that’s not much of a bright side, but keep in mind we’re still a week away from the game. While having outdoor temperatures in the mid-40s doesn’t seem all that ideal, just keep in mind it’s a lot warmer than that in your favorite arena.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)