Dec 26, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
If depressing concussion news was a theme a couple weeks ago, promising comebacks are starting to take over as 2012 approaches. You can watch one uplifting story in David Perron with St. Louis on Versus right now, but an even bigger return looks likely for Tuesday. The Ottawa Senators are preparing to welcome their top goal scorer back on Dec. 27 as Milan Michalek is expected to be in the lineup.
Joe already pointed out that Kyle Turris‘ addition benefited Ottawa in shaking off Peter Regin, but it sounds like it will also allow the team to load up on its top line. Michalek is likely to join Daniel Alfredsson on the wings with Jason Spezza in the middle.
That should give Michalek every chance to match Sidney Crosby, Claude Giroux and Perron as players who scored a goal in their first games back from concussion issues. Merely having in in the mix again is likely good enough for the Senators, though.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36