Dec 26, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
If depressing concussion news was a theme a couple weeks ago, promising comebacks are starting to take over as 2012 approaches. You can watch one uplifting story in David Perron with St. Louis on Versus right now, but an even bigger return looks likely for Tuesday. The Ottawa Senators are preparing to welcome their top goal scorer back on Dec. 27 as Milan Michalek is expected to be in the lineup.
Joe already pointed out that Kyle Turris‘ addition benefited Ottawa in shaking off Peter Regin, but it sounds like it will also allow the team to load up on its top line. Michalek is likely to join Daniel Alfredsson on the wings with Jason Spezza in the middle.
That should give Michalek every chance to match Sidney Crosby, Claude Giroux and Perron as players who scored a goal in their first games back from concussion issues. Merely having in in the mix again is likely good enough for the Senators, though.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)