Dec 26, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
If depressing concussion news was a theme a couple weeks ago, promising comebacks are starting to take over as 2012 approaches. You can watch one uplifting story in David Perron with St. Louis on Versus right now, but an even bigger return looks likely for Tuesday. The Ottawa Senators are preparing to welcome their top goal scorer back on Dec. 27 as Milan Michalek is expected to be in the lineup.
Joe already pointed out that Kyle Turris‘ addition benefited Ottawa in shaking off Peter Regin, but it sounds like it will also allow the team to load up on its top line. Michalek is likely to join Daniel Alfredsson on the wings with Jason Spezza in the middle.
That should give Michalek every chance to match Sidney Crosby, Claude Giroux and Perron as players who scored a goal in their first games back from concussion issues. Merely having in in the mix again is likely good enough for the Senators, though.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (95)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)