Dec 26, 2011, 7:48 PM EST
If depressing concussion news was a theme a couple weeks ago, promising comebacks are starting to take over as 2012 approaches. You can watch one uplifting story in David Perron with St. Louis on Versus right now, but an even bigger return looks likely for Tuesday. The Ottawa Senators are preparing to welcome their top goal scorer back on Dec. 27 as Milan Michalek is expected to be in the lineup.
Joe already pointed out that Kyle Turris‘ addition benefited Ottawa in shaking off Peter Regin, but it sounds like it will also allow the team to load up on its top line. Michalek is likely to join Daniel Alfredsson on the wings with Jason Spezza in the middle.
That should give Michalek every chance to match Sidney Crosby, Claude Giroux and Perron as players who scored a goal in their first games back from concussion issues. Merely having in in the mix again is likely good enough for the Senators, though.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12