Dec 26, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
St. Louis radio host Andy Strickland reports that Blues center TJ Oshie — tied for the team scoring lead with 23 points — will miss the next two games with a wrist ligament injury.
The loss is disappointing for the Blues, but equally disappointing for Oshie. This was a banner campaign for the former first-round pick — he’d appeared in all 34 games (no small feat for a guy that’s missed 85 games over the last two years) and was on pace to set career highs in goals and points.
He’d also become one of Ken Hitchcock’s favorites, jumping into a first-line role alongside David Backes and Alex Steen and routinely playing over 20 minutes a night. Hitch skated him a career-high 24:11 against Nashville last Saturday.
As for the injury, Lou Korac of NHL.com reports it’s a left wrist issue currently plaguing Oshie, as opposed to the right wrist he aggravated in Minnesota earlier this season. No indication on when it occurred, though Oshie had cooled off in his last two games. He was held pointless against Colorado and Phoenix after scoring seven points in his previous six contests.
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 3
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 24
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 20
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 14
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)