Dec 26, 2011, 12:41 PM EST
St. Louis radio host Andy Strickland reports that Blues center TJ Oshie — tied for the team scoring lead with 23 points — will miss the next two games with a wrist ligament injury.
The loss is disappointing for the Blues, but equally disappointing for Oshie. This was a banner campaign for the former first-round pick — he’d appeared in all 34 games (no small feat for a guy that’s missed 85 games over the last two years) and was on pace to set career highs in goals and points.
He’d also become one of Ken Hitchcock’s favorites, jumping into a first-line role alongside David Backes and Alex Steen and routinely playing over 20 minutes a night. Hitch skated him a career-high 24:11 against Nashville last Saturday.
As for the injury, Lou Korac of NHL.com reports it’s a left wrist issue currently plaguing Oshie, as opposed to the right wrist he aggravated in Minnesota earlier this season. No indication on when it occurred, though Oshie had cooled off in his last two games. He was held pointless against Colorado and Phoenix after scoring seven points in his previous six contests.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)