Dec 26, 2011, 12:41 PM EST
St. Louis radio host Andy Strickland reports that Blues center TJ Oshie — tied for the team scoring lead with 23 points — will miss the next two games with a wrist ligament injury.
The loss is disappointing for the Blues, but equally disappointing for Oshie. This was a banner campaign for the former first-round pick — he’d appeared in all 34 games (no small feat for a guy that’s missed 85 games over the last two years) and was on pace to set career highs in goals and points.
He’d also become one of Ken Hitchcock’s favorites, jumping into a first-line role alongside David Backes and Alex Steen and routinely playing over 20 minutes a night. Hitch skated him a career-high 24:11 against Nashville last Saturday.
As for the injury, Lou Korac of NHL.com reports it’s a left wrist issue currently plaguing Oshie, as opposed to the right wrist he aggravated in Minnesota earlier this season. No indication on when it occurred, though Oshie had cooled off in his last two games. He was held pointless against Colorado and Phoenix after scoring seven points in his previous six contests.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)