Dec 26, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
St. Louis radio host Andy Strickland reports that Blues center TJ Oshie — tied for the team scoring lead with 23 points — will miss the next two games with a wrist ligament injury.
The loss is disappointing for the Blues, but equally disappointing for Oshie. This was a banner campaign for the former first-round pick — he’d appeared in all 34 games (no small feat for a guy that’s missed 85 games over the last two years) and was on pace to set career highs in goals and points.
He’d also become one of Ken Hitchcock’s favorites, jumping into a first-line role alongside David Backes and Alex Steen and routinely playing over 20 minutes a night. Hitch skated him a career-high 24:11 against Nashville last Saturday.
As for the injury, Lou Korac of NHL.com reports it’s a left wrist issue currently plaguing Oshie, as opposed to the right wrist he aggravated in Minnesota earlier this season. No indication on when it occurred, though Oshie had cooled off in his last two games. He was held pointless against Colorado and Phoenix after scoring seven points in his previous six contests.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)