Dec 26, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
St. Louis radio host Andy Strickland reports that Blues center TJ Oshie — tied for the team scoring lead with 23 points — will miss the next two games with a wrist ligament injury.
The loss is disappointing for the Blues, but equally disappointing for Oshie. This was a banner campaign for the former first-round pick — he’d appeared in all 34 games (no small feat for a guy that’s missed 85 games over the last two years) and was on pace to set career highs in goals and points.
He’d also become one of Ken Hitchcock’s favorites, jumping into a first-line role alongside David Backes and Alex Steen and routinely playing over 20 minutes a night. Hitch skated him a career-high 24:11 against Nashville last Saturday.
As for the injury, Lou Korac of NHL.com reports it’s a left wrist issue currently plaguing Oshie, as opposed to the right wrist he aggravated in Minnesota earlier this season. No indication on when it occurred, though Oshie had cooled off in his last two games. He was held pointless against Colorado and Phoenix after scoring seven points in his previous six contests.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)