Dec 25, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
It’s a very happy holiday for Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Ron Wilson.
Just two days after hinting on Twitter that all he wanted for Christmas was a new contract, Wilson informed everyone he got exactly that.
“He came! He came!” Remember saying that as a little kid? Well he did: I got a new Red Ryder BB gun and a contract extension!,” Wilson tweeted early Christmas morning.
The Leafs have yet to comment on the extension, but most expect to something by tomorrow. Recent speculation suggested Toronto GM Brian Burke was simply waiting for “the right moment” to make the offer.
Wilson is in the final season of a four-year contract and currently has the Leafs sixth in the Eastern Conference with 40 points. Toronto has not made the playoffs in three prior seasons with him behind the bench.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (122)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)