Dec 25, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
It’s a very happy holiday for Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Ron Wilson.
Just two days after hinting on Twitter that all he wanted for Christmas was a new contract, Wilson informed everyone he got exactly that.
“He came! He came!” Remember saying that as a little kid? Well he did: I got a new Red Ryder BB gun and a contract extension!,” Wilson tweeted early Christmas morning.
The Leafs have yet to comment on the extension, but most expect to something by tomorrow. Recent speculation suggested Toronto GM Brian Burke was simply waiting for “the right moment” to make the offer.
Wilson is in the final season of a four-year contract and currently has the Leafs sixth in the Eastern Conference with 40 points. Toronto has not made the playoffs in three prior seasons with him behind the bench.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32