Dec 25, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
It’s a very happy holiday for Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Ron Wilson.
Just two days after hinting on Twitter that all he wanted for Christmas was a new contract, Wilson informed everyone he got exactly that.
“He came! He came!” Remember saying that as a little kid? Well he did: I got a new Red Ryder BB gun and a contract extension!,” Wilson tweeted early Christmas morning.
The Leafs have yet to comment on the extension, but most expect to something by tomorrow. Recent speculation suggested Toronto GM Brian Burke was simply waiting for “the right moment” to make the offer.
Wilson is in the final season of a four-year contract and currently has the Leafs sixth in the Eastern Conference with 40 points. Toronto has not made the playoffs in three prior seasons with him behind the bench.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45