Dec 25, 2011, 4:08 PM EST
It’s a very happy holiday for Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Ron Wilson.
Just two days after hinting on Twitter that all he wanted for Christmas was a new contract, Wilson informed everyone he got exactly that.
“He came! He came!” Remember saying that as a little kid? Well he did: I got a new Red Ryder BB gun and a contract extension!,” Wilson tweeted early Christmas morning.
The Leafs have yet to comment on the extension, but most expect to something by tomorrow. Recent speculation suggested Toronto GM Brian Burke was simply waiting for “the right moment” to make the offer.
Wilson is in the final season of a four-year contract and currently has the Leafs sixth in the Eastern Conference with 40 points. Toronto has not made the playoffs in three prior seasons with him behind the bench.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 17
- Report: Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 9
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 31
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 34
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (40)