Dec 25, 2011, 6:00 AM EST
Merry Christmas, everyone. Since we can’t buy all our readers an iPad2, we’ve put together a list of the best 10 NHL moments of the past year that we’ll be rolling out on the site all day long.
Teemu Selanne’s Winnipeg ovation
The Finnish Flash only spent four seasons in Winnipeg, but it was clear on Dec. 17 at the MTS Centre that he left an indelible mark on the city. Such a moment seemed unthinkable when the Jets left for Phoenix in 1996. The return of the NHL to Winnipeg has been a much-needed feel-good story during a year in hockey that’s seen its share of tragedies.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 0
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 6
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 11
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 29
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5