Dec 25, 2011, 6:00 AM EST
Merry Christmas, everyone. Since we can’t buy all our readers an iPad2, we’ve put together a list of the best 10 NHL moments of the past year that we’ll be rolling out on the site all day long.
Teemu Selanne’s Winnipeg ovation
The Finnish Flash only spent four seasons in Winnipeg, but it was clear on Dec. 17 at the MTS Centre that he left an indelible mark on the city. Such a moment seemed unthinkable when the Jets left for Phoenix in 1996. The return of the NHL to Winnipeg has been a much-needed feel-good story during a year in hockey that’s seen its share of tragedies.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 19
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33