Dec 25, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Merry Christmas, everyone. Since we can’t buy all our readers an iPad2, we’ve put together a list of the best 10 NHL moments of the past year that we’ll be rolling out on the site all day long.
Sidney Crosby‘s big night
The most bittersweet moment on the list, hands down.
If you can, put aside the aftermath for a moment. Forget the uncertainty, the headaches, the renewed worry and concern about No. 87’s future…and take a moment to remember that for one night, hockey fans witnessed something special. In a 5-0 wipeout of the Islanders, Crosby scored the first goal, assisted on the second, assisted on the third and scored the fifth. A dazzling performance, eerily similar to when Pens legend Mario Lemieux returned from Hodgkin’s disease in 2000.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34