Dec 25, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Merry Christmas, everyone. Since we can’t buy all our readers an iPad2, we’ve put together a list of the best 10 NHL moments of the past year that we’ll be rolling out on the site all day long.
Alex Ovechkin calls Bruce Boudreau…something
Nov. 1 at the Verizon Center, the Capitals were trailing Anaheim by a goal with 1:27 remaining. When Washington coach Bruce Boudreau sent out his six attackers in a last-ditch attempt to tie the game, Alex Ovechkin wasn’t among the six. If you can read lips, you don’t have to be told what Ovechkin called Boudreau. And if you can’t, just go ahead and Google it. Though Washington tied the game and won in overtime, Boudreau would be fired less than a month later. Whether the above incident was a factor in that decision is questionable, but it certainly provided a lasting image.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54