Dec 25, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Merry Christmas, everyone. Since we can’t buy all our readers an iPad2, we’ve put together a list of the best 10 NHL moments of the past year that we’ll be rolling out on the site all day long.
Alex Ovechkin calls Bruce Boudreau…something
Nov. 1 at the Verizon Center, the Capitals were trailing Anaheim by a goal with 1:27 remaining. When Washington coach Bruce Boudreau sent out his six attackers in a last-ditch attempt to tie the game, Alex Ovechkin wasn’t among the six. If you can read lips, you don’t have to be told what Ovechkin called Boudreau. And if you can’t, just go ahead and Google it. Though Washington tied the game and won in overtime, Boudreau would be fired less than a month later. Whether the above incident was a factor in that decision is questionable, but it certainly provided a lasting image.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2