Dec 25, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Merry Christmas, everyone. Since we can’t buy all our readers an iPad2, we’ve put together a list of the best 10 NHL moments of the past year that we’ll be rolling out on the site all day long.
Alex Ovechkin calls Bruce Boudreau…something
Nov. 1 at the Verizon Center, the Capitals were trailing Anaheim by a goal with 1:27 remaining. When Washington coach Bruce Boudreau sent out his six attackers in a last-ditch attempt to tie the game, Alex Ovechkin wasn’t among the six. If you can read lips, you don’t have to be told what Ovechkin called Boudreau. And if you can’t, just go ahead and Google it. Though Washington tied the game and won in overtime, Boudreau would be fired less than a month later. Whether the above incident was a factor in that decision is questionable, but it certainly provided a lasting image.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 4
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30