Dec 25, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Merry Christmas, everyone. Since we can’t buy all our readers an iPad2, we’ve put together a list of the best 10 NHL moments of the past year that we’ll be rolling out on the site all day long.
Alex Ovechkin calls Bruce Boudreau…something
Nov. 1 at the Verizon Center, the Capitals were trailing Anaheim by a goal with 1:27 remaining. When Washington coach Bruce Boudreau sent out his six attackers in a last-ditch attempt to tie the game, Alex Ovechkin wasn’t among the six. If you can read lips, you don’t have to be told what Ovechkin called Boudreau. And if you can’t, just go ahead and Google it. Though Washington tied the game and won in overtime, Boudreau would be fired less than a month later. Whether the above incident was a factor in that decision is questionable, but it certainly provided a lasting image.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5