Dec 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Merry Christmas, everyone. Since we can’t buy all our readers an iPad2, we’ve put together a list of the best 10 NHL moments of the past year that we’ll be rolling out on the site all day long.
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scores first of many
Oct. 19 at Rexall Place, the first overall pick in the 2011 draft scored his first NHL goal in his first NHL game. And he did it at 15:05 of the third period to force overtime. Nugent-Hopkins is only 18, but greatness seems inevitable for the Oilers’ rookie. In sports, the greats always have a feel for the moment, and this was a moment Edmonton hockey fans won’t soon forget.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15