Dec 25, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Merry Christmas, everyone. Since we can’t buy all our readers an iPad2, we’ve put together a list of the best 10 NHL moments of the past year that we’ll be rolling out on the site all day long.
Burrows buries the ‘Hawks
In an opening playoff round filled with drama — 14 overtime contests, four series going to Game 7 — nothing was more compelling than Vancouver vs. Chicago. The Canucks raced out to a 3-0 series lead on their bitter rivals, only for the ‘Hawks to furiously rally and force Game 7. It was only the seventh time in NHL history a team forced a seventh game after trailing 3–0 in a playoff series…and what a Game 7 it was.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 3
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54