Dec 25, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
Merry Christmas, everyone. Since we can’t buy all our readers an iPad2, we’ve put together a list of the best 10 NHL moments of the past year that we’ll be rolling out on the site all day long.
Burrows buries the ‘Hawks
In an opening playoff round filled with drama — 14 overtime contests, four series going to Game 7 — nothing was more compelling than Vancouver vs. Chicago. The Canucks raced out to a 3-0 series lead on their bitter rivals, only for the ‘Hawks to furiously rally and force Game 7. It was only the seventh time in NHL history a team forced a seventh game after trailing 3–0 in a playoff series…and what a Game 7 it was.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 7
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54