Dec 25, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Merry Christmas, everyone. Since we can’t buy all our readers an iPad2, we’ve put together a list of the best 10 NHL moments of the past year that we’ll be rolling out on the site all day long.
Burrows buries the ‘Hawks
In an opening playoff round filled with drama — 14 overtime contests, four series going to Game 7 — nothing was more compelling than Vancouver vs. Chicago. The Canucks raced out to a 3-0 series lead on their bitter rivals, only for the ‘Hawks to furiously rally and force Game 7. It was only the seventh time in NHL history a team forced a seventh game after trailing 3–0 in a playoff series…and what a Game 7 it was.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 5
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 13
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 10
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5