Dec 24, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
The Blackhawks are totally ready to make deals. They’re just sitting so pretty right now there’s no need to.
GM Stan Bowman told Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times that while the Hawks are doing just fine on their own right now, they’ll be ready to make moves come trade deadline day if need be. Of course, it also helps to have someone to dance with in a trade and at this point, no one is really willing to do that yet.
“As it is right now, there are a number of teams that are probably long shots to get in [the playoffs],” Bowman said. “But they’ve only played 30 or something games. They’re not going to give up on their season yet and trade their players away. It’s a big waiting game.”
Bowman says there are players he’s keeping tabs on that if the opportunity presents itself to make a move, he’ll try to get something worked out. Right now though, all is quiet on the trade front and besides, the Blackhawks are winning like crazy. Unless injuries make things impossible, there’s no need for Chicago to make any deals now.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18