Dec 24, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
The Blackhawks are totally ready to make deals. They’re just sitting so pretty right now there’s no need to.
GM Stan Bowman told Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times that while the Hawks are doing just fine on their own right now, they’ll be ready to make moves come trade deadline day if need be. Of course, it also helps to have someone to dance with in a trade and at this point, no one is really willing to do that yet.
“As it is right now, there are a number of teams that are probably long shots to get in [the playoffs],” Bowman said. “But they’ve only played 30 or something games. They’re not going to give up on their season yet and trade their players away. It’s a big waiting game.”
Bowman says there are players he’s keeping tabs on that if the opportunity presents itself to make a move, he’ll try to get something worked out. Right now though, all is quiet on the trade front and besides, the Blackhawks are winning like crazy. Unless injuries make things impossible, there’s no need for Chicago to make any deals now.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)