Dec 24, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
The Blackhawks are totally ready to make deals. They’re just sitting so pretty right now there’s no need to.
GM Stan Bowman told Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times that while the Hawks are doing just fine on their own right now, they’ll be ready to make moves come trade deadline day if need be. Of course, it also helps to have someone to dance with in a trade and at this point, no one is really willing to do that yet.
“As it is right now, there are a number of teams that are probably long shots to get in [the playoffs],” Bowman said. “But they’ve only played 30 or something games. They’re not going to give up on their season yet and trade their players away. It’s a big waiting game.”
Bowman says there are players he’s keeping tabs on that if the opportunity presents itself to make a move, he’ll try to get something worked out. Right now though, all is quiet on the trade front and besides, the Blackhawks are winning like crazy. Unless injuries make things impossible, there’s no need for Chicago to make any deals now.
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 8
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 17
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)