Dec 24, 2011, 10:51 AM EDT
Give Ron Wilson some credit, he knows how to be heard.
The Leafs coach has been seeking out a contract extension from the team and thanks to the beauty of Twitter, he’s got a new outlet to let his wishes be known. With it being almost Christmas, Wilson went theme-style to make his desire for a new contract known to the world.
“This Xmas could be better if Santa stuffs a certain piece of paper in my stocking.
Go ahead, you’re already picturing GM Brian Burke in a Santa outfit so just get those giggles out of the way now.
Fact is, a lot is hanging on this season for Wilson. The Leafs have maybe the best roster Wilson has had since Burke brought him in to coach. The playoffs are a distinct possibility for the team and if they miss out on the postseason again, this could be it for Wilson.
The pressure to make the postseason in Toronto is sky high and while Burke has done well to build the roster, that puts the focus on Wilson to make it work out. Without doing that, seeing a contract extension happen before Wilson can prove his worth may not occur until after the season if at all.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34