Dec 24, 2011, 10:51 AM EDT
Give Ron Wilson some credit, he knows how to be heard.
The Leafs coach has been seeking out a contract extension from the team and thanks to the beauty of Twitter, he’s got a new outlet to let his wishes be known. With it being almost Christmas, Wilson went theme-style to make his desire for a new contract known to the world.
“This Xmas could be better if Santa stuffs a certain piece of paper in my stocking.
Go ahead, you’re already picturing GM Brian Burke in a Santa outfit so just get those giggles out of the way now.
Fact is, a lot is hanging on this season for Wilson. The Leafs have maybe the best roster Wilson has had since Burke brought him in to coach. The playoffs are a distinct possibility for the team and if they miss out on the postseason again, this could be it for Wilson.
The pressure to make the postseason in Toronto is sky high and while Burke has done well to build the roster, that puts the focus on Wilson to make it work out. Without doing that, seeing a contract extension happen before Wilson can prove his worth may not occur until after the season if at all.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 4
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 11
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)