Dec 24, 2011, 10:51 AM EST
Give Ron Wilson some credit, he knows how to be heard.
The Leafs coach has been seeking out a contract extension from the team and thanks to the beauty of Twitter, he’s got a new outlet to let his wishes be known. With it being almost Christmas, Wilson went theme-style to make his desire for a new contract known to the world.
“This Xmas could be better if Santa stuffs a certain piece of paper in my stocking.
Go ahead, you’re already picturing GM Brian Burke in a Santa outfit so just get those giggles out of the way now.
Fact is, a lot is hanging on this season for Wilson. The Leafs have maybe the best roster Wilson has had since Burke brought him in to coach. The playoffs are a distinct possibility for the team and if they miss out on the postseason again, this could be it for Wilson.
The pressure to make the postseason in Toronto is sky high and while Burke has done well to build the roster, that puts the focus on Wilson to make it work out. Without doing that, seeing a contract extension happen before Wilson can prove his worth may not occur until after the season if at all.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 16
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8