Dec 24, 2011, 7:46 PM EDT
Give Caps leading goal scorer Jason Chimera credit, he doesn’t pull any punches when addressing the team’s play against the New Jersey Devils in a shootout loss. CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley got the straight shots out of Washington.
“We weren’t ready to play. I don’t know if guys were looking forward to the Christmas break or what was wrong. But the execution was terrible. We looked like peewee hockey players. No one could make a pass; no one could get the puck out. We were fanning on the puck.”
That’s as good of a quote as you’re going to get and considering the Caps’ troubles this season and having a lackluster game against the Devils didn’t help much. It also doesn’t help that the Devils are a team the Caps are currently dealing with in the race for the playoffs. Sure, it’s early-ish in the season, but losing points at all during the season to teams you’re running with is bothersome.
It’s up to the Capitals to make sure they stop playing like little kids and make sure they don’t look back on games like this with regret.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)