Dec 24, 2011, 7:46 PM EDT
Give Caps leading goal scorer Jason Chimera credit, he doesn’t pull any punches when addressing the team’s play against the New Jersey Devils in a shootout loss. CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley got the straight shots out of Washington.
“We weren’t ready to play. I don’t know if guys were looking forward to the Christmas break or what was wrong. But the execution was terrible. We looked like peewee hockey players. No one could make a pass; no one could get the puck out. We were fanning on the puck.”
That’s as good of a quote as you’re going to get and considering the Caps’ troubles this season and having a lackluster game against the Devils didn’t help much. It also doesn’t help that the Devils are a team the Caps are currently dealing with in the race for the playoffs. Sure, it’s early-ish in the season, but losing points at all during the season to teams you’re running with is bothersome.
It’s up to the Capitals to make sure they stop playing like little kids and make sure they don’t look back on games like this with regret.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)