Dec 24, 2011, 7:46 PM EST
Give Caps leading goal scorer Jason Chimera credit, he doesn’t pull any punches when addressing the team’s play against the New Jersey Devils in a shootout loss. CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley got the straight shots out of Washington.
“We weren’t ready to play. I don’t know if guys were looking forward to the Christmas break or what was wrong. But the execution was terrible. We looked like peewee hockey players. No one could make a pass; no one could get the puck out. We were fanning on the puck.”
That’s as good of a quote as you’re going to get and considering the Caps’ troubles this season and having a lackluster game against the Devils didn’t help much. It also doesn’t help that the Devils are a team the Caps are currently dealing with in the race for the playoffs. Sure, it’s early-ish in the season, but losing points at all during the season to teams you’re running with is bothersome.
It’s up to the Capitals to make sure they stop playing like little kids and make sure they don’t look back on games like this with regret.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 2
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 2
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)