Dec 23, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
This just in from the NHL – TV viewers will be able to watch the Molson Canadian 2012 NHL Winter Classic Alumni Game between the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers, live from Citizens Bank Park on Saturday, Dec. 31 at 1 pm ET.
In the United States, the game will be shown on VERSUS; CBC will have it in Canada; and Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia will show it in the Philadelphia area. (MSG Network will have it on tape delay in the New York area at 4 pm ET.)
Among the former NHL stars set to participate: Eric Lindros, John LeClair, Bobby Clarke, Bernie Parent, Jeremy Roenick, Mark Howe, Mark Messier, Mike Richter, Glenn Anderson, Mike Gartner, Ron Duguay and Brian Leetch.
The early favorite for MVP? Mark Recchi. (Provided he hasn’t put on 300 pounds and started smoking since retiring in June.)
For the full rosters, click here.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 12
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)