Dec 23, 2011, 2:12 PM EST
This just in from the NHL – TV viewers will be able to watch the Molson Canadian 2012 NHL Winter Classic Alumni Game between the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers, live from Citizens Bank Park on Saturday, Dec. 31 at 1 pm ET.
In the United States, the game will be shown on VERSUS; CBC will have it in Canada; and Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia will show it in the Philadelphia area. (MSG Network will have it on tape delay in the New York area at 4 pm ET.)
Among the former NHL stars set to participate: Eric Lindros, John LeClair, Bobby Clarke, Bernie Parent, Jeremy Roenick, Mark Howe, Mark Messier, Mike Richter, Glenn Anderson, Mike Gartner, Ron Duguay and Brian Leetch.
The early favorite for MVP? Mark Recchi. (Provided he hasn’t put on 300 pounds and started smoking since retiring in June.)
For the full rosters, click here.
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 4
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 12
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 10
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 61
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)