Dec 23, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
This just in from the NHL – TV viewers will be able to watch the Molson Canadian 2012 NHL Winter Classic Alumni Game between the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers, live from Citizens Bank Park on Saturday, Dec. 31 at 1 pm ET.
In the United States, the game will be shown on VERSUS; CBC will have it in Canada; and Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia will show it in the Philadelphia area. (MSG Network will have it on tape delay in the New York area at 4 pm ET.)
Among the former NHL stars set to participate: Eric Lindros, John LeClair, Bobby Clarke, Bernie Parent, Jeremy Roenick, Mark Howe, Mark Messier, Mike Richter, Glenn Anderson, Mike Gartner, Ron Duguay and Brian Leetch.
The early favorite for MVP? Mark Recchi. (Provided he hasn’t put on 300 pounds and started smoking since retiring in June.)
For the full rosters, click here.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)