Dec 23, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
This just in from the NHL – TV viewers will be able to watch the Molson Canadian 2012 NHL Winter Classic Alumni Game between the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers, live from Citizens Bank Park on Saturday, Dec. 31 at 1 pm ET.
In the United States, the game will be shown on VERSUS; CBC will have it in Canada; and Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia will show it in the Philadelphia area. (MSG Network will have it on tape delay in the New York area at 4 pm ET.)
Among the former NHL stars set to participate: Eric Lindros, John LeClair, Bobby Clarke, Bernie Parent, Jeremy Roenick, Mark Howe, Mark Messier, Mike Richter, Glenn Anderson, Mike Gartner, Ron Duguay and Brian Leetch.
The early favorite for MVP? Mark Recchi. (Provided he hasn’t put on 300 pounds and started smoking since retiring in June.)
For the full rosters, click here.
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 0
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 20
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 11
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)