Dec 23, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
This just in from the NHL – TV viewers will be able to watch the Molson Canadian 2012 NHL Winter Classic Alumni Game between the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers, live from Citizens Bank Park on Saturday, Dec. 31 at 1 pm ET.
In the United States, the game will be shown on VERSUS; CBC will have it in Canada; and Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia will show it in the Philadelphia area. (MSG Network will have it on tape delay in the New York area at 4 pm ET.)
Among the former NHL stars set to participate: Eric Lindros, John LeClair, Bobby Clarke, Bernie Parent, Jeremy Roenick, Mark Howe, Mark Messier, Mike Richter, Glenn Anderson, Mike Gartner, Ron Duguay and Brian Leetch.
The early favorite for MVP? Mark Recchi. (Provided he hasn’t put on 300 pounds and started smoking since retiring in June.)
For the full rosters, click here.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 33
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (66)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)