Dec 23, 2011, 11:42 AM EDT
Edmonton’s Lennart Petrell isn’t exactly a household name, but Brendan Shanahan will probably get to know him very soon. Petrell shoved Wild defenseman Marek Zidlicky from behind putting him head-first into the boards. Petrell earned a five-minute major for checking from behind and a game misconduct.
We’ve seen similar hits to this wind up in suspensions in the past and while Petrell doesn’t have much of any NHL record, this is a pretty poor way to make an impression. Hockey Wilderness hopes Petrell actually gets suspended while Copper And Blue thinks he’ll get two games.
Judge for yourselves.
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 9
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 2
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 44
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 36
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 77
- Blackhawks look to end current Game 3 curse 4
- Bruins’ leaders deliver Stanley Cup Final speech 14
- Report: NHL has Seattle plan ready for Coyotes 64
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins go 'above and beyond' in Gm. 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury