Dec 23, 2011, 11:42 AM EDT
Edmonton’s Lennart Petrell isn’t exactly a household name, but Brendan Shanahan will probably get to know him very soon. Petrell shoved Wild defenseman Marek Zidlicky from behind putting him head-first into the boards. Petrell earned a five-minute major for checking from behind and a game misconduct.
We’ve seen similar hits to this wind up in suspensions in the past and while Petrell doesn’t have much of any NHL record, this is a pretty poor way to make an impression. Hockey Wilderness hopes Petrell actually gets suspended while Copper And Blue thinks he’ll get two games.
Judge for yourselves.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 19
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 61
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)