Dec 23, 2011, 11:42 AM EST
Edmonton’s Lennart Petrell isn’t exactly a household name, but Brendan Shanahan will probably get to know him very soon. Petrell shoved Wild defenseman Marek Zidlicky from behind putting him head-first into the boards. Petrell earned a five-minute major for checking from behind and a game misconduct.
We’ve seen similar hits to this wind up in suspensions in the past and while Petrell doesn’t have much of any NHL record, this is a pretty poor way to make an impression. Hockey Wilderness hopes Petrell actually gets suspended while Copper And Blue thinks he’ll get two games.
Judge for yourselves.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 1
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 11
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56