Dec 23, 2011, 11:42 AM EDT
Edmonton’s Lennart Petrell isn’t exactly a household name, but Brendan Shanahan will probably get to know him very soon. Petrell shoved Wild defenseman Marek Zidlicky from behind putting him head-first into the boards. Petrell earned a five-minute major for checking from behind and a game misconduct.
We’ve seen similar hits to this wind up in suspensions in the past and while Petrell doesn’t have much of any NHL record, this is a pretty poor way to make an impression. Hockey Wilderness hopes Petrell actually gets suspended while Copper And Blue thinks he’ll get two games.
Judge for yourselves.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)