Dec 23, 2011, 11:42 AM EDT
Edmonton’s Lennart Petrell isn’t exactly a household name, but Brendan Shanahan will probably get to know him very soon. Petrell shoved Wild defenseman Marek Zidlicky from behind putting him head-first into the boards. Petrell earned a five-minute major for checking from behind and a game misconduct.
We’ve seen similar hits to this wind up in suspensions in the past and while Petrell doesn’t have much of any NHL record, this is a pretty poor way to make an impression. Hockey Wilderness hopes Petrell actually gets suspended while Copper And Blue thinks he’ll get two games.
Judge for yourselves.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)