Dec 23, 2011, 10:43 AM EST
The Winter Classic is just over a week away and tonight’s Flyers-Rangers battle at MSG is the last time these two teams see each other until then. Tonight’s game figures to be a big part of HBO’s next episode of 24/7 to set the table for January 2 and that means plenty of chatter. We’ve got five players we’re rooting to be wired for tonight’s game in hopes of hearing some of the goods.
Not only is what he says fun to listen to in the locker room, as we saw in the first episode, but with all the cameras tuned in on this game for HBO, what are the chances we get a fun goal celebration should he score? Probably slim with the watchful eyes of John Tortorella on the bench, but we can dream, can’t we?
We saw the possibility of Harry Z becoming a breakout personality in the second episode where he talked about playing as Jagr on Sega Genesis and chatting with Ilya Bryzgalov about Siberian huskies and women. He was a big talker on the ice in college at Brown University, it’d be fun to hear what he’d say to the Rangers on ice.
If you need a reason why we want Avery miked up, you’ve missed a lot of hockey over the years. Even if he’s just in the press box tonight, we still want him wired for sound. We haven’t heard a lot from him so far during 24/7 aside from awkward photo shoots. Let’s see a little more of the league’s most divisive player.
We’ve only heard Jagr talk about why he came to Philly and to tell Bryzgalov to leave him alone when he was eating, but we’re curious to know just what kind of chatter he throws out on the ice. Does he talk trash? Does he sling jokes out there? Is he just all about the game and calling out direction? These are things we want to find out.
Prust is proving to be one of the more fun personalities on the Rangers to get to know through the series. He and Brian Boyle are the “Odd Couple” of the team and Prust hasn’t been shy on the ice before. With how he duked it out with Wayne Simmonds during the first episode, let’s see if there’s more going on there and what he’s got to say about it.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28