Dec 23, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Back-to-back games aren’t easy, but winning one against a rested, roaring Boston Bruins team seems next to impossible. The Florida Panthers found that out the hard way Friday night as Boston handed them a brutal 8-0 loss.
Brad Marchand continues to show that his playoff performances weren’t a fluke. He scored a hat trick and two assists to stand out among a series of standout producers. Marchand now has 15 goals and 29 points in 33 games this season.
There were only two Panthers who didn’t have negative plus/minus ratings tonight: Erik Gudbranson (15:42 of ice time) and Matt Bradley (17:15 TOI). Jose Theodore allowed four goals in one period and Scott Clemmensen allowed four in the final two frames.
It was an ugly performance, but the Panthers have some reasons to shake it off. Again, this was the tail-end of a back-to-back game and Florida faced three games in just four nights.
The best reason not to worry is that they faced the buzz saw known as the Bruins, though. They’ve been the best team in the NHL since shaking off the haze of a Stanley Cup hangover.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63