Dec 23, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Back-to-back games aren’t easy, but winning one against a rested, roaring Boston Bruins team seems next to impossible. The Florida Panthers found that out the hard way Friday night as Boston handed them a brutal 8-0 loss.
Brad Marchand continues to show that his playoff performances weren’t a fluke. He scored a hat trick and two assists to stand out among a series of standout producers. Marchand now has 15 goals and 29 points in 33 games this season.
There were only two Panthers who didn’t have negative plus/minus ratings tonight: Erik Gudbranson (15:42 of ice time) and Matt Bradley (17:15 TOI). Jose Theodore allowed four goals in one period and Scott Clemmensen allowed four in the final two frames.
It was an ugly performance, but the Panthers have some reasons to shake it off. Again, this was the tail-end of a back-to-back game and Florida faced three games in just four nights.
The best reason not to worry is that they faced the buzz saw known as the Bruins, though. They’ve been the best team in the NHL since shaking off the haze of a Stanley Cup hangover.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)