Dec 23, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Back-to-back games aren’t easy, but winning one against a rested, roaring Boston Bruins team seems next to impossible. The Florida Panthers found that out the hard way Friday night as Boston handed them a brutal 8-0 loss.
Brad Marchand continues to show that his playoff performances weren’t a fluke. He scored a hat trick and two assists to stand out among a series of standout producers. Marchand now has 15 goals and 29 points in 33 games this season.
There were only two Panthers who didn’t have negative plus/minus ratings tonight: Erik Gudbranson (15:42 of ice time) and Matt Bradley (17:15 TOI). Jose Theodore allowed four goals in one period and Scott Clemmensen allowed four in the final two frames.
It was an ugly performance, but the Panthers have some reasons to shake it off. Again, this was the tail-end of a back-to-back game and Florida faced three games in just four nights.
The best reason not to worry is that they faced the buzz saw known as the Bruins, though. They’ve been the best team in the NHL since shaking off the haze of a Stanley Cup hangover.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)