Dec 23, 2011, 11:17 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals played poorly enough to get called out by goalie Michal Neuvirth tonight, but despite falling behind 3-0 and looking listless, the Caps got to a shootout against the New Jersey Devils. The Devils are devilishly efficient in the skills competition, though, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that they took the 4-3 win.
The eye-brow raising moment came when Martin Brodeur stoned Alex Ovechkin during that shootout, though. Peter DeBoer made a “showdown at the OK Corral” reference regarding that memorable scene – and I’m pretty sure he wasn’t making a stealth dig about how both stars have been producing such mediocre work so far this season.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5