Dec 23, 2011, 11:17 PM EST
The Washington Capitals played poorly enough to get called out by goalie Michal Neuvirth tonight, but despite falling behind 3-0 and looking listless, the Caps got to a shootout against the New Jersey Devils. The Devils are devilishly efficient in the skills competition, though, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that they took the 4-3 win.
The eye-brow raising moment came when Martin Brodeur stoned Alex Ovechkin during that shootout, though. Peter DeBoer made a “showdown at the OK Corral” reference regarding that memorable scene – and I’m pretty sure he wasn’t making a stealth dig about how both stars have been producing such mediocre work so far this season.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 13
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 13
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35