Dec 23, 2011, 11:17 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals played poorly enough to get called out by goalie Michal Neuvirth tonight, but despite falling behind 3-0 and looking listless, the Caps got to a shootout against the New Jersey Devils. The Devils are devilishly efficient in the skills competition, though, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that they took the 4-3 win.
The eye-brow raising moment came when Martin Brodeur stoned Alex Ovechkin during that shootout, though. Peter DeBoer made a “showdown at the OK Corral” reference regarding that memorable scene – and I’m pretty sure he wasn’t making a stealth dig about how both stars have been producing such mediocre work so far this season.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 12
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 15
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39