Dec 23, 2011, 11:17 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals played poorly enough to get called out by goalie Michal Neuvirth tonight, but despite falling behind 3-0 and looking listless, the Caps got to a shootout against the New Jersey Devils. The Devils are devilishly efficient in the skills competition, though, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that they took the 4-3 win.
The eye-brow raising moment came when Martin Brodeur stoned Alex Ovechkin during that shootout, though. Peter DeBoer made a “showdown at the OK Corral” reference regarding that memorable scene – and I’m pretty sure he wasn’t making a stealth dig about how both stars have been producing such mediocre work so far this season.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 0
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 19
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20