Dec 23, 2011, 12:38 PM EST
It wouldn’t be a day during the NHL season without a new injury report from Philadelphia.
This time around, the Flyers say Danny Briere will be day-to-day with a bruised hand thanks to taking a puck off his hand in the Flyers’ last game. Briere joins the Flyers’ injured list that also has Brayden Schenn, Sean Couturier, and Chris Pronger.
Let’s hope this doesn’t turn into a Pronger situation when he was out with a knee injury that turned into a virus that devolved into severe post-concussion syndrome. The Flyers have been rather notorious this year about producing crafty reasons why players are out of action. Here’s to hoping that Briere doesn’t actually have the Bubonic plague.
Briere has had a relatively quiet season in the shadow of Claude Giroux and Jaromir Jagr scoring 10 goals and adding 15 assists. While the Flyers aren’t hurting for offense, having Briere banged up is less-than ideal.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 37
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28