Dec 23, 2011, 12:38 PM EST
It wouldn’t be a day during the NHL season without a new injury report from Philadelphia.
This time around, the Flyers say Danny Briere will be day-to-day with a bruised hand thanks to taking a puck off his hand in the Flyers’ last game. Briere joins the Flyers’ injured list that also has Brayden Schenn, Sean Couturier, and Chris Pronger.
Let’s hope this doesn’t turn into a Pronger situation when he was out with a knee injury that turned into a virus that devolved into severe post-concussion syndrome. The Flyers have been rather notorious this year about producing crafty reasons why players are out of action. Here’s to hoping that Briere doesn’t actually have the Bubonic plague.
Briere has had a relatively quiet season in the shadow of Claude Giroux and Jaromir Jagr scoring 10 goals and adding 15 assists. While the Flyers aren’t hurting for offense, having Briere banged up is less-than ideal.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)