Dec 23, 2011, 12:38 PM EST
It wouldn’t be a day during the NHL season without a new injury report from Philadelphia.
This time around, the Flyers say Danny Briere will be day-to-day with a bruised hand thanks to taking a puck off his hand in the Flyers’ last game. Briere joins the Flyers’ injured list that also has Brayden Schenn, Sean Couturier, and Chris Pronger.
Let’s hope this doesn’t turn into a Pronger situation when he was out with a knee injury that turned into a virus that devolved into severe post-concussion syndrome. The Flyers have been rather notorious this year about producing crafty reasons why players are out of action. Here’s to hoping that Briere doesn’t actually have the Bubonic plague.
Briere has had a relatively quiet season in the shadow of Claude Giroux and Jaromir Jagr scoring 10 goals and adding 15 assists. While the Flyers aren’t hurting for offense, having Briere banged up is less-than ideal.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 44
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 57
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 34
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 167
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (167)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (62)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)