Dec 23, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
It wouldn’t be a day during the NHL season without a new injury report from Philadelphia.
This time around, the Flyers say Danny Briere will be day-to-day with a bruised hand thanks to taking a puck off his hand in the Flyers’ last game. Briere joins the Flyers’ injured list that also has Brayden Schenn, Sean Couturier, and Chris Pronger.
Let’s hope this doesn’t turn into a Pronger situation when he was out with a knee injury that turned into a virus that devolved into severe post-concussion syndrome. The Flyers have been rather notorious this year about producing crafty reasons why players are out of action. Here’s to hoping that Briere doesn’t actually have the Bubonic plague.
Briere has had a relatively quiet season in the shadow of Claude Giroux and Jaromir Jagr scoring 10 goals and adding 15 assists. While the Flyers aren’t hurting for offense, having Briere banged up is less-than ideal.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5