Dec 23, 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
It wouldn’t be a day during the NHL season without a new injury report from Philadelphia.
This time around, the Flyers say Danny Briere will be day-to-day with a bruised hand thanks to taking a puck off his hand in the Flyers’ last game. Briere joins the Flyers’ injured list that also has Brayden Schenn, Sean Couturier, and Chris Pronger.
Let’s hope this doesn’t turn into a Pronger situation when he was out with a knee injury that turned into a virus that devolved into severe post-concussion syndrome. The Flyers have been rather notorious this year about producing crafty reasons why players are out of action. Here’s to hoping that Briere doesn’t actually have the Bubonic plague.
Briere has had a relatively quiet season in the shadow of Claude Giroux and Jaromir Jagr scoring 10 goals and adding 15 assists. While the Flyers aren’t hurting for offense, having Briere banged up is less-than ideal.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 39
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)