Dec 22, 2011, 7:39 AM EDT
It’s never easy for officials on the ice or in the booth to get things right, but the Blues sure feel like they lost out on a bad review.
Late in the second period, Avalanche forward Jay McClement broke in on Brian Elliott with what amounted to be a two-on-one with David Van der Gulik. McClement’s centering pass bounced off a sliding Matt D’Agostini who slid backwards into Elliott. The puck went with him in and into the net as the net came off the moorings. Officials called it a goal but it was time for a review.
The review went to Toronto’s Situation Room where the league ruled that the review was inconclusive whether the net was off before or after the puck crossed the line, meaning the call on the ice stands. That goal proved to be the game winner for the Avs, beating St. Louis 3-2. What do you think: Goal or not?
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming