Dec 22, 2011, 7:39 AM EDT
It’s never easy for officials on the ice or in the booth to get things right, but the Blues sure feel like they lost out on a bad review.
Late in the second period, Avalanche forward Jay McClement broke in on Brian Elliott with what amounted to be a two-on-one with David Van der Gulik. McClement’s centering pass bounced off a sliding Matt D’Agostini who slid backwards into Elliott. The puck went with him in and into the net as the net came off the moorings. Officials called it a goal but it was time for a review.
The review went to Toronto’s Situation Room where the league ruled that the review was inconclusive whether the net was off before or after the puck crossed the line, meaning the call on the ice stands. That goal proved to be the game winner for the Avs, beating St. Louis 3-2. What do you think: Goal or not?
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 25
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)