Dec 22, 2011, 1:45 AM EDT
Just two weeks after suffering from nasty facial fractures, Martin St. Louis returned against the San Jose Sharks. Tampa Bay Lightning head coach Guy Boucher said it would take “a small miracle” for St. Louis to find himself back in the lineup. So what should he call St. Louis scoring a goal in that same game, then?
Of course, that goal was pretty trivial in the scheme of a brutal 7-2 loss to the Sharks. Bolts GM Steve Yzerman might need to work up a little magic of his own by finding a goalie who can get the job, then.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40