Dec 22, 2011, 5:11 PM EST
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun is reporting that, upon further review, the NHL doesn’t think Vancouver’s fourth goal in a 4-2 over Detroit last night should’ve counted.
First, the goal in question:
Next, LeBrun’s tweets:
Howard, who was livid with the on-ice ruling of a good goal, voiced his displeasure during the postgame media scrum.
“I am just sick and tired of getting run over every single game,” Howard told the Vancouver Province. “I saw the replay. I thought Zee [Henrik Zetterberg] never pushed him. He loses his footing and he steamrolls me.”
Head coach Mike Babcock expressed similar feelings.
“I didn’t like the goal,” Babcock said. “To me, it’s no foul on them but, to me, it’s no goal. The goalie has to be able to make a play. I think that’s what the rules are and that’s what they stipulate.”
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (66)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)