Dec 22, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun is reporting that, upon further review, the NHL doesn’t think Vancouver’s fourth goal in a 4-2 over Detroit last night should’ve counted.
First, the goal in question:
Next, LeBrun’s tweets:
Howard, who was livid with the on-ice ruling of a good goal, voiced his displeasure during the postgame media scrum.
“I am just sick and tired of getting run over every single game,” Howard told the Vancouver Province. “I saw the replay. I thought Zee [Henrik Zetterberg] never pushed him. He loses his footing and he steamrolls me.”
Head coach Mike Babcock expressed similar feelings.
“I didn’t like the goal,” Babcock said. “To me, it’s no foul on them but, to me, it’s no goal. The goalie has to be able to make a play. I think that’s what the rules are and that’s what they stipulate.”
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)