Dec 22, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun is reporting that, upon further review, the NHL doesn’t think Vancouver’s fourth goal in a 4-2 over Detroit last night should’ve counted.
First, the goal in question:
Next, LeBrun’s tweets:
Howard, who was livid with the on-ice ruling of a good goal, voiced his displeasure during the postgame media scrum.
“I am just sick and tired of getting run over every single game,” Howard told the Vancouver Province. “I saw the replay. I thought Zee [Henrik Zetterberg] never pushed him. He loses his footing and he steamrolls me.”
Head coach Mike Babcock expressed similar feelings.
“I didn’t like the goal,” Babcock said. “To me, it’s no foul on them but, to me, it’s no goal. The goalie has to be able to make a play. I think that’s what the rules are and that’s what they stipulate.”
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 17
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)