Dec 22, 2011, 5:11 PM EST
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun is reporting that, upon further review, the NHL doesn’t think Vancouver’s fourth goal in a 4-2 over Detroit last night should’ve counted.
First, the goal in question:
Next, LeBrun’s tweets:
Howard, who was livid with the on-ice ruling of a good goal, voiced his displeasure during the postgame media scrum.
“I am just sick and tired of getting run over every single game,” Howard told the Vancouver Province. “I saw the replay. I thought Zee [Henrik Zetterberg] never pushed him. He loses his footing and he steamrolls me.”
Head coach Mike Babcock expressed similar feelings.
“I didn’t like the goal,” Babcock said. “To me, it’s no foul on them but, to me, it’s no goal. The goalie has to be able to make a play. I think that’s what the rules are and that’s what they stipulate.”
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 2
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)