Dec 22, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
Head coach Alain Vigneault said Bolland’s IQ was “probably the size of a birdseed” and had “a face only a mother could look at.”
As for Daniel and Henrik? They kept mum on the issue — then went out and dominated on the ice.
Bolland made the comments on Dec. 12 and the story blew up nationally two days later. Since then, the Canucks have played four times — in Carolina and Toronto, then at home against Minnesota and Detroit — going 3-1 over that stretch. As for the Sedins?
vs. Carolina: (out, back)
vs. Toronto: 1G
vs. Minnesota: 3A
vs. Detroit: 1A
vs. Carolina: 2A
vs. Toronto: 1A
vs. Minnesota: 1G, 2A
vs. Detroit: 1A
They’ve combined for 12 points in four games. If you throw in contributions from linemate Alex Burrows — he has six points over that stretch, including a four-game goal streak — it’s the hottest line in hockey, bar none.
While Burrows has been great, it’s the Sedins that have impressed throughout the league, earning high praise from some of the biggest stars. That includes countryman and Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom.
“It’s hard to defend against them,” Lidstrom told the Detroit Free Press. “They’re so good at finding each other, throwing passes behind their backs and just having a knack for finding the back of the net, too. You’ve got to try to keep them on the outside, but they’re very smarthockey players.”
Call it sisterly intuition. But call it that at your own peril.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 6
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)