Dec 22, 2011, 11:59 AM EST
Head coach Alain Vigneault said Bolland’s IQ was “probably the size of a birdseed” and had “a face only a mother could look at.”
As for Daniel and Henrik? They kept mum on the issue — then went out and dominated on the ice.
Bolland made the comments on Dec. 12 and the story blew up nationally two days later. Since then, the Canucks have played four times — in Carolina and Toronto, then at home against Minnesota and Detroit — going 3-1 over that stretch. As for the Sedins?
vs. Carolina: (out, back)
vs. Toronto: 1G
vs. Minnesota: 3A
vs. Detroit: 1A
vs. Carolina: 2A
vs. Toronto: 1A
vs. Minnesota: 1G, 2A
vs. Detroit: 1A
They’ve combined for 12 points in four games. If you throw in contributions from linemate Alex Burrows — he has six points over that stretch, including a four-game goal streak — it’s the hottest line in hockey, bar none.
While Burrows has been great, it’s the Sedins that have impressed throughout the league, earning high praise from some of the biggest stars. That includes countryman and Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom.
“It’s hard to defend against them,” Lidstrom told the Detroit Free Press. “They’re so good at finding each other, throwing passes behind their backs and just having a knack for finding the back of the net, too. You’ve got to try to keep them on the outside, but they’re very smarthockey players.”
Call it sisterly intuition. But call it that at your own peril.
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 5
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 16
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 14
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 41
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)