Dec 22, 2011, 11:59 AM EST
Head coach Alain Vigneault said Bolland’s IQ was “probably the size of a birdseed” and had “a face only a mother could look at.”
As for Daniel and Henrik? They kept mum on the issue — then went out and dominated on the ice.
Bolland made the comments on Dec. 12 and the story blew up nationally two days later. Since then, the Canucks have played four times — in Carolina and Toronto, then at home against Minnesota and Detroit — going 3-1 over that stretch. As for the Sedins?
vs. Carolina: (out, back)
vs. Toronto: 1G
vs. Minnesota: 3A
vs. Detroit: 1A
vs. Carolina: 2A
vs. Toronto: 1A
vs. Minnesota: 1G, 2A
vs. Detroit: 1A
They’ve combined for 12 points in four games. If you throw in contributions from linemate Alex Burrows — he has six points over that stretch, including a four-game goal streak — it’s the hottest line in hockey, bar none.
While Burrows has been great, it’s the Sedins that have impressed throughout the league, earning high praise from some of the biggest stars. That includes countryman and Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom.
“It’s hard to defend against them,” Lidstrom told the Detroit Free Press. “They’re so good at finding each other, throwing passes behind their backs and just having a knack for finding the back of the net, too. You’ve got to try to keep them on the outside, but they’re very smarthockey players.”
Call it sisterly intuition. But call it that at your own peril.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)