Dec 22, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
Head coach Alain Vigneault said Bolland’s IQ was “probably the size of a birdseed” and had “a face only a mother could look at.”
As for Daniel and Henrik? They kept mum on the issue — then went out and dominated on the ice.
Bolland made the comments on Dec. 12 and the story blew up nationally two days later. Since then, the Canucks have played four times — in Carolina and Toronto, then at home against Minnesota and Detroit — going 3-1 over that stretch. As for the Sedins?
vs. Carolina: (out, back)
vs. Toronto: 1G
vs. Minnesota: 3A
vs. Detroit: 1A
vs. Carolina: 2A
vs. Toronto: 1A
vs. Minnesota: 1G, 2A
vs. Detroit: 1A
They’ve combined for 12 points in four games. If you throw in contributions from linemate Alex Burrows — he has six points over that stretch, including a four-game goal streak — it’s the hottest line in hockey, bar none.
While Burrows has been great, it’s the Sedins that have impressed throughout the league, earning high praise from some of the biggest stars. That includes countryman and Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom.
“It’s hard to defend against them,” Lidstrom told the Detroit Free Press. “They’re so good at finding each other, throwing passes behind their backs and just having a knack for finding the back of the net, too. You’ve got to try to keep them on the outside, but they’re very smarthockey players.”
Call it sisterly intuition. But call it that at your own peril.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 7
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 18
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)